• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 526 of 538 FirstFirst ... 26 426 476 516 524 525 526 527 528 536 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5378

Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    So many crooks! All so intensely focused on making money they'll do anything.

The banks, the mortgage brokers, the ratings companies, the auditors, the stockbrokers. They're all guilty, and it will still be going on.
    Davo36

I'm sure you could tell us some stories about those in the real estate game - real estate agents, property mentors, etc

Real estate agents are in fact some of the most honest people I have ever met.

The public at large, by contrast, are not. Dealt with so many dodgy people wanting to buy or sell property.

I don't like property mentors much. They make their money from the high fees, not really from property.
    Squadly dinky do!

Also heard of an overseas based NZ citizen who sold his residential property in Mt Eden.

They returned to NZ, on the day before settlement, and they went to inspect the vacant residential property unit to ensure that all was adequate for settlement and title transfer.

He found that there were personal possessions inside the property unit, and met the new tenants.

After discussion with their real estate agent, it was discovered that the real estate agent representing the buyer had taken the keys and passed them to the buyer well before settlement date. The buyer had meanwhile rented out the unit (effective on settlement date) but had also given the keys to the new tenant to move in beforehand.

To my knowledge, there was no official complaint of this to the real estate industry body to report the actions of the real estate agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    perry - do you think you could link to the articles where a RE has done something good for someone? Or does the news not publish those things?

i guess if it doesn’t make the high quality news publications of NZ then it didn’t happen.
    Exactly, we only hear about it when something goes wrong.

Bit like the police, they have tens of thousands of interactions with the public. And probably 99% of them go well. But we hear about the 1% where things didn't go well.

Most agents are totally ethical, but of course there's a few scumbags in every industry. Lawyers have more of the toerags amongst their ranks than RE agents. Plenty of accountants who steal their clients money too.

There are tradies who take people's money and then don't turn up to do the work. There are people on TradeMe who sell fake goods...

So do you think concreting contractors or online retailers are in general 'dodgy'? No.
    Squadly dinky do!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Also heard of an overseas based NZ citizen who sold his residential property in Mt Eden.

They returned to NZ, on the day before settlement, and they went to inspect the vacant residential property unit to ensure that all was adequate for settlement and title transfer.

He found that there were personal possessions inside the property unit, and met the new tenants.

After discussion with their real estate agent, it was discovered that the real estate agent representing the buyer had taken the keys and passed them to the buyer well before settlement date. The buyer had meanwhile rented out the unit (effective on settlement date) but had also given the keys to the new tenant to move in beforehand.

To my knowledge, there was no official complaint of this to the real estate industry body to report the actions of the real estate agent.
    One third hand account. An anecdote.

Even if it's correct, so what? Doesn't mean every other agent out there is unethical.

What profession are you in Chris W?
    Squadly dinky do!

I should add, that if you want to find an unscrupulous, unethical industry, look into banking.

They are the biggest crooks by far.
    Squadly dinky do!

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    perry - do you think you could link to the articles where a RE has done something good for someone? Or does the news not publish those things?

i guess if it doesn’t make the high quality news publications of NZ then it didn’t happen.
    Generally, there is no money is good news.

But we should take some heart from that.

It means that good is the normal - so not news.

David is also correct that the larger percentage of most professions are O.K.

There are some scumbags at the top, but, when front-line staff are included, I'd even say that about banking..
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    I should add, that if you want to find an unscrupulous, unethical industry, look into banking.

They are the biggest crooks by far.
    +1

Followed closely by the insurance industry IMO.

Thread Information