• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Dean Letfus: “my job is to cover sin” -- WHO & WHAT?

Did anyone else see this extraordinary disclosure on Dean Letfus's blog a few days ago? I just saw it today.
    To me, if it's to do with some 'property' enterprise, it raises several questions.

Who ... and what 'sin' ... he is talking about? Who are the victims?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Letfus
    ...I always seek to “cover” another’s sin. I try and focus on the good in others and hide their faults. It is simply trying to obey several specific bible verses. 1 says to love your enemies and the other says that Love covers a multitude of sins. ...[snip]...

Well I had one particular situation where I knew things that were not right and people were potentially being taken advantage of. I have over and over again had to stop myself from saying anything publicly and it has been incredibly hard for me. Every time I said to God that I wanted to see this thing put right HE would say to me “Dean it is your job to cover sin, justice is my problem”.

So while I was away at Camp the first independent public exposure of the issue has happened, without my involvement or assistance at all.
    It’s a huge burden off my shoulders to know that it will get sorted out. God rocks.
    http://massiveaction.tv/blog/?p=362

I don’t know who/what he’s talking about. Can anybody else join the dots?
    I’d ask him but his blog says God repeatedly told him not to speak up.

I wonder what that silent collusion has cost (... others, of course).

-Peter

Dean is a intelligent investor and knows many individuals in his line of work.

Is it our responsibility to publically speak up on those less than ethical persons?
    Guess it really comes down to the situation.
    -Drink driver on the road, Ring the police maybe?
    -Dodgy business person, maybe or maybe not. Do you wait for Karma and keep yourself clean?

Anyway the only thing property related of interest this week is the continued Blue Peak scandal.

Default All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Thanks for your thoughts Whitt & Dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Is it our responsibility to publicly speak up?
    My view: Yes.
    And from my reading of his blog entry, Dean Letfus certainly thought so too -- but he says God overruled him. Repeatedly.

“Keep yourself clean” Whitt? Huh?
    In other words: no matter what you know, stay out of it, say nothing, watch the train wreck and suffering, but let somebody else courageously blow the whistle... then blog how it was “incredibly difficult” for you to stay silent while the wrongdoing went on (but God told you to).

No thanks.

Maybe I’m being harsh, but:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Anyway, maybe it was the “Blue Peak scandal”, as you suggest. Sounds plausible.
    I wonder what Dean knew/knows but wouldn’t speak up about.

And what scams is God telling him to shut up about now?

- Peter

Reminds me of a joke:

A religious man discovers that he has testicular cancer, and decides to pray for a miracle. The next day he visits a urologist, who tells him he must have surgery immediately. He tells the doctor "I do not want you to remove my testicle, I am praying for a miracle from God". Then he visits a radiologist, who tells him that he must begin radiation therapy immediately. He tells the doctor "I do not want you to expose my body to radiation, I am putting my faith in God." Finally he visits an oncologist, who tells him that he must start chemotherapy immediately. He tells the doctor "I do not want you to inject me with caustic chemicals, God will heal me." A few months later he dies and goes to heaven, where he is very upset and asks God why he didn't give him a miracle. God replies "I gave you three miracles, a urologist, an oncologist and a radiologist, but you chose to ignore them."
    Paul.

Default Just to clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital
    Some people say if others suffer its Gods will, others will help those and stop it happening to others, each to their own.
    Thanks Paul & Orbital (not sure where your post went)

It occurs to me that perhaps I should state for the record that I am not anti-Christian (some of my best friends etc...) Nor am I seeking to disparage anyone for their religious beliefs.
    In fact I find myself agreeing with this guy, Pastor Wayne Greeson: http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html
    Time and again those who profess to be good seem to clearly outnumber those who are evil, yet those who are evil seem to prevail far too often. Seldom is it the numbers that determine the outcome, but whether those who claim to be good men are willing to stand up and fight for what they know to be right. ...

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Gal. 6:7). Those who fail or refuse to do good in the face of evil are sowing some dangerous seeds. They are doing nothing good as Jesus commanded them to do; they are helping evil to win and have ceased being good and have become partakers of the evil they did nothing to stop.
    Do not allow evil to triumph. Do not do sit by and do nothing. Stand up and be counted, speak up against evil and speak out against evil men and their sinful deeds.

That's more like it!
    Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 10-08-2008 at 11:07 PM.

There are those who do.

There are those who say.

Then, there are those who say they do.

Then, there are those who say and don't

I prefer to be one who "do's" and doesn't "say".

Which one are you?

That's my take on religion.

Could I just point out two things?

Firstly, Dean's blog is very clearly prefaced with the following warning: "WARNING: Some blatant Christian content in this blog."

Secondly, he goes on to say: "So while I was away at Camp the first independent public exposure of the issue has happened, without my involvement or assistance at all."

So whatever this "scandal" is - and there is nothing to specifically indicate that it is property-related - is coming out in the open anyway.

Now if you believe in God, then it makes sense - there was no need for Dean to reveal it as God was working in His own way.

If you don't believe in God, I suggest you heed the warning at the beginning of the original blog: "WARNING: Some blatant Christian content in this blog." If such stuff offends you, don't read it!

And as there is no hard evidence that this is property-related, I would respectfully suggest that there is no need to drag it over here and debate it.

Regards, Graham

After reading Mr Jones blog this morning and this thread, I have to ask is there a property educator in New Zealand that is not dodgy ? its just part of what they do they should not be hounded for it, its time to give them a break.

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    After reading Mr Jones blog this morning and this thread, I have to ask is there a property educator in New Zealand that is not dodgy ? its just part of what they do they should not be hounded for it, its time to give them a break.
    Preserving this one because I'm astounded orbital has a negative word to say about RM.

Paul.

Firstly, I don't care and it doesn't bother me if Dean is religious or not. People have a right to their beliefs. As long as he doesn't force it down my throat. Otoh, if I wander into his backyard (his website), then I'm on his turf and fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    And as there is no hard evidence that this is property-related, I would respectfully suggest that there is no need to drag it over here and debate it.

Anyone who has been here for a while will have picked up there is (what could be described as) a "tense" relationship between Peter Aranyi / Olly Newland and Dean Leftus.

And this isn't the first, or even the second time that they've questioned Dean in a new thread.

Seems odd to me that Peter and Olly appear keen to smack Dean over the head with a wrench at any opportunity.

M
    Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. Before making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Thread Information