sue laurie...property strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfempty View Post
    I totaly agree with exnzpat because he drove past one once and thats enough for me.
    Oh, no, I visited the house twice and spent at least two hours inside and outside. I don't spend large sums of money without doing my research. Now the Korean dad -- I doubt he saw the place at all. I may be wrong -- but it sure didn't seem like it at the time.
    Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

Comment

No worries he'll sell once his son graduates. He'll want $1m though.

Originally posted by exnzpat View Post
      Oh, no, I visited the house twice and spent at least two hours inside and outside. I don't spend large sums of money without doing my research. Now the Korean dad -- I doubt he saw the place at all. I may be wrong -- but it sure didn't seem like it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by halfempty View Post
        I totaly agree with exnzpat because he drove past one once and thats enough for me.

Don't listen to what this woman has to say at any cost.

I mean for god sake people there was grass on the roof what more proof do you need!!!

It's ovious by driving past this place he's put in enough research that nothing Sue has to say will come to anything and we will all take a huge hit.

Cheers for clearing that up.

And whats more Spurner doesn't like the type setting so we should all throw rocks at her too.

I heard she's got cootees.

Also Davo36 day's it's a Shit job, and you all know that if Davo can't make it work then it can't be done.
        haha... nvery funny

Comment

I have a RBR rental, and would not hesitate to pick up another one if the numbers stacked up.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
            I have a RBR rental, and would not hesitate to pick up another one if the numbers stacked up.

Paul.
            Ahh. A voice of reason. Sounds like RBR and boarding houses can NOT be put into the one basket.

I have to say that I know Sue and If I was in Auckland on 23rd then I would be going along (even if she islinked to RM). She's a very astute lady and an investor to boot (she actually owns a fair bit of property which puts her ahead of the majority of people who spout off at seminars...)
            Hell - if it makes money on this market then why not give it a go?
            Davo36 -You'll never find out what she is advocating if you don't go along and it sounds like she is not pushing the old boarding house strategy...
            Jo Birch
            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
            +61 450 148 678

Comment

Love Student or Hot Pillow Accomodation Model

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post

Paul.
              I love this model but it only works on volume. This idea was reoriginated in NZ as student housing. In fact Dave Henderson and Dolf de Roos renovated central business district commercial buildings following the Japanese hot pillow model. They have done well with many of these PV and subs still own and operate worldwide.

Really profitable but only makes sense on volume (20+) or alternatively a subsidized housing financial model like Chinese factory worker housing or a Dubai labor camp.

Otherwise I agree with Davo.....ka ka job. Maybe ideal for a dull bunny off the special real estate ed. bus formerly powered by Ferrari.

Best: Andrew Waite

Comment

Stay away from these mugs, their seminars are crap and mislead the new investor. Surely if they applied what they preached and made lots of cash then they would not need to run such embarasssing and humiliating events like this.

Comment

Originally posted by spurner View Post
                  No worries he'll sell once his son graduates. He'll want $1m though.
                  You are exactly correct. I still drive by the place because when and if it does come up for sale i plan on buying it and converting it back to a single family home. But, not at his price – at my price -- far below what he paid and what I initially offered.

The problem with these partitioned homes is that they sit in family neighborhoods, and because of the comings and goings of the tenants and the general trashiness of the home, these places tend to lower the market value of itself and the entire neighborhood. There is far more value in a single family dwelling than in a boarding house!
                  Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ha! You want to approach the neighbours. They'll probably happily throw in a few grand each just to see you tart the house back up into a family home and lift their values in the process.

Comment

More Specifics..

I have been considering RBM for a while now, does anybody know if this course is just concentrating on student accomadation near Tech's and Uni's.
                      Or it also talking about houses nearer to cities (ie. work) and right on the bus or train route for a quick trip into town.

I am working on a concept for properties near Universities as well.
                      But am now thinking you need property close to Bars for this to work well.

If you have a 5 bedroom house do you need OSP for 5 cars.

Comment

Students and bars?

You must be looking at plans to install a vomitorium.

Comment

Look, we all know that I think there are fire safety reg issues with RBTR, so I'll stay away from that....
                          ...But, If I was looking at a property to do RBTR with, I would want to be darn sure I could afford the property if for some reason, in the future, RBTR got legislated. Either by knowing I could afford to run it as a boarding house, or as a resi house.

Comment

brettc,

Fire issues aside, why would RBTR be regulated?

They are different from boarding houses. Tenants are on standard tenancy agreements, and enjoy all the protections of the RTA.

Paul.

Comment

For Septics, Sceptics and Those Who Want to Know!

Hi All,

Just read todays Blog by Sue Laurie.
                              So here is your chance....

It’s been a busy week here in the Canterbury office. I have had heaps of enquiries from people wanting to know more about the Room by Room courses I am running in the next few weeks. Plus it’s been great to have several people contact me to share their success stories with this strategy – thanks!
                              Given that the questions I am getting tend to have a common theme, we have decided that the best way to handle this will be to hold an open conference call so that I can talk to anyone who is interested and hopefully answer those questions in one go.
                              So next Monday 11th at 7pm and then again on Wednesday 13th at 1pm I am going to host an open teleconference session. Each session will last for 15 minutes, so if you are wondering if this seminar / strategy is the right one for you then dial in and let’s have a chat. I am more than happy to answer as many questions as I can in that time. Let’s just make sure that everyone who calls in gets the chance to have their burning question answered.
                              To call dial 0830932 then enter the pin number 429631 – note calls will cost you 64c per minute. (If you are on the call please make sure that you are calling from a quiet area with no background noise and please have your cell phone turned off).
                              Have an awesome weekend, and I shall look forward to talking with some of you next week.
                              Cheers
                              Sue and the Canterbury team
                              Last edited by Halfwit Hunter; 08-08-2008, 10:25 PM. Reason: Item didn't paste correctly

Comment

Hi superdad.

How do you handle the personality clashes that are bound to occur in something like that.
                                I may be on the wrong track here but I remember friends interviewing for flatmates,(I have never flatted, always owned from age 21) deciding on someone and then hating them a month or so later so throwing them out.

If each one of the RBR renters has an individual tenancy agreement and you have been the person to select those tenants I suspect, then what happens when, lets call our fictitious renter Julie, decides she wants to sleep with the other fictitious renter, a handsome guy (lets call him Terry ) but he is going out with the stunning model, lets call her Rebecca and now all hell breaks loose in the home.

If each individual is protected by an individual RTA agreement then who do you throw out or what do you do when 3 tenants all up and leave because Julie has been sleeping with every bodies boyfriends...coor I like Julie.

It sounds strange but thats the sort of thing I imagine so this is not a "this is what happened to me" this is merely a "what if".

Also I am sure there are lots of other reasons why Julie will not get on well with Rebecca or Terry, although I don't know why because i am so likable...I mean the fictitious renter is a likable guy,

Just wondering how you navigate those types of issues.

cheers

Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X