Speculation & Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin is plummeting ... no shit !
    Last edited by BlueSky; 26-11-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• guess what happens

when the hot air of hype

hits the cold front of reality

short version

things falls

it pisses down

cyclonic typhoon style

corrugated iron flys around beheading selfie-taking tourists

In the great low-pressure systems called extratropical cyclones, which cause much of the weather in the Earth's middle latitudes, cold fronts may overtake warm fronts to form what are called "occluded fronts."

why would anyone

buying an imaginary currency... peter pan investing? - "if we all believe it to be so..."

believe that it could end well?

tulips anyone?
      Last edited by eri; 25-11-2018, 06:47 PM.
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

• has there been any changes/updates since this post ? iebetter places to buy etc

Question 1. If I wanted to buy gold which is better - coins or bars?

Depends on your purpose and the costs, The larger the ammount of gold is the cheaper it is. Coins have a making cost included, small coins are more expensive than larger ones. Also in NZ any coin that is not of .999 fineness is subject to GST. Coins can be sold to any coin dealer..........bars have a limited number of buyers

Question 2. Which is easier to sell if I need to sell quickly?

Depends on the amount and who your selling to. In NZ banks don't handle gold IMO that is a major negative!!!!!!!

Question 3. Who would buy it?

Coin dealers and bullion dealers............see answer to 2!

Question 4. Apart from NZ Mint who else sells gold(bars. coins) in NZ?

Coin dealers (maybe) and Walker and hall

Question 5. What sort of commissions or fixed charges are involved when buying and selling? No commissions each day there is a buy and sell rate ( usually set by the london Bullion market.

Question 6. Which is better....buying gold or leaving your money in the bank?

also what does this mean ,
        just paste this in your browser - shorting at negative so time to buy ??
        Last edited by BlueSky; 02-01-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• I suggest that you invest a small amount in Gold..

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge View Post
            Hi all,
            Can someone please advise what is the best way to buy physical bullion in New Zealand? I want to take some money off the table and interest rates are so low that i prefer to store my money in gold (rightly or wrongly). There seem to be a few options on google, but i wanted to see if anyone has any experience and can recommend a certain option please?
            Thank you.
            I need that information too

Comment

• Currently using www.nzmint.com

AH! I see I have noted them above.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

• What would you choose?

I was watching a tv advert in Aussie and the first prize in a competition was a $2.6m house in a location of your choice.
                Or, you could choose $2.6m of gold.
                I idly wondered, who would choose the gold over the house?
                Then I remembered, this is aimed at Australians.

Comment

• Gold was flat from 1990 to 2006
                  GOLDPRICE.ORG - The No. 1 live gold price chart providing full screen live gold price charts in ounces and kilos in 48 national currencies.

Comment

• Should gold be subject to CGT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                      Should gold be subject to CGT?
                      Only if ART ,classic cars, watches etc are also liable of CGT ....unless you're a Gold Trader

Comment

• I Am So Sick of This

How many times - truly - HOW MANY TIMES does it need to be said that the word "gains" in the expression Capital Gains Tax is a lie? A dishonest, deceptive, malfeasant, tax-grubbing and monstrous lie.

99.9% of the so-called 'gain' is nothing more than an inflationary change in numbers!! Look at the purchasing power of those inflated numbers if you don't believe me.

The scheming, conniving, lying scumbags are defining the debate by using the expression "capital gains." Resist their lies. Correct their deceptive speech. Do not let them define the debate for the woefully ignorant and terminally gullible masses.

Make it plain that a change in numbers is not a gain.

The other name for the change in numbers (gainless gain) is inflation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                          How many times - truly - HOW MANY TIMES does it need to be said that the word "gains" in the expression Capital Gains Tax is a lie? A dishonest, deceptive, malfeasant, tax-grubbing and monstrous lie.

99.9% of the so-called 'gain' is nothing more than an inflationary change in numbers!! Look at the purchasing power of those inflated numbers if you don't believe me.

The scheming, conniving, lying scumbags are defining the debate by using the expression "capital gains." Resist their lies. Correct their deceptive speech. Do not let them define the debate for the woefully ignorant and terminally gullible masses.

Make it plain that a change in numbers is not a gain.

The other name for the change in numbers (gainless gain) is inflation.
                          I agree >> which pisses me off that the IRD state that those that hold Silver Gold Bullion etc must pay CGT if sold for more than paid even if years ago ...doesn't make sense unless you can also claim losses if you sell.. which they don't ....

Comment

• Don't Bite The Hand That Feeds You

The IRD is (at least) these things:

* The paymasters of the W'gton Woodenheads;

* The bank-rollers of the woodenheads pre- and post-election 'political promises' (aimed at re-election);

* The collectors of their own IRD departmental salaries;

* The ignorers of the tax liabilities of their pseudo-political paymasters.

E.g. Taxpayer subsidised air travel of MPs' spouses / mistresses / civil union whatevers which would be subject to FBT in the 'real' world. . .

. . . so are quite objective in all that the IRD does.

Uproarious laughter, stage-left, stage-front, stage-back and stage-right.

Anyone remember ye olde and totally-false-IRD slogan, "it's our job to be fair?"

Despite their rhinoceros-thick-hides, even the W'gton woodenheads baulked / were a tad embarrassed by that oxy-moron!

How strange.

Comment

Working...
                            X