• new record?

US$1460
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
      new record?

US$1460

If your American yes. For those in NZ no....the NZ dollar is still positively correlated with gold.

As an aside it seems many Americans expect the US$ to collapse:

The author of the article makes his money selling gold bullion coins
      The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• new record US$1479

probably not a record in polish zloty...
        Last edited by eri; 15-04-2011, 11:38 PM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• I know this is the thread about gold, and speculation in things like property, fiat paper, bonds, non-monetary commodities etc etc, but I think we should mention the gentleman's gold, namely silver.

SilverUS$ is just 42.682. That's quite a long way from...where it was

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Netwriter View Post
            I know this is the thread about gold, and speculation in things like property, fiat paper, bonds, non-monetary commodities etc etc, but I think we should mention the gentleman's gold, namely silver.

SilverUS$ is just 42.682. That's quite a long way from...where it was

"Where it was: that is a bit cryptic... I assume you refer to either the time of the Hunt brothers or alternately it could refer to what was once the normal silver to gold ratio. There are some indications the silver price is a reaction to the gold price as in silver being the poor persons gold. The royal mint last year saw a drop in its output of gold coins while its silver output rose. It may well be a price reaction with people moving to silver as the gold price is too rich for their blood. The bullion market seems flooded with speculators. We are coming to the end of the gold bull months from mid may we might see some retrenchment as the summer doldrums come into play.
            The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• broken record

US$1487

i wonder if it will get to $1500

before it gets to $900
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

• I think in the current climate it seems a pretty safe gamble to say it is more likely to hit 1500 before any retrenchment.

Comment

• ding ding

US$1490

"The yellow metal also benefits from fears that loose monetary policy and rising oil prices will unleash inflation"

Rich countries’ central banks are on divergent paths. So are their currencies
                  Last edited by eri; 18-04-2011, 04:35 PM.
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

• As they say on *** top model, "you're over thinking".
                    By "from where it was", SIMPLY this:

For completeness, the GoldUS$ chart:

Comment

• US$1497

who is going to do the decent thing and nudge it over the bar?
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

• $1499.....
                        have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

• new record

US$1505
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• Record low of the US$, GBP, EUR and a few others.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Netwriter View Post
                              Record low of the US$, GBP, EUR and a few others.....
                              I find this index useful to understand the movements in price

Comment

• Gold up $365 or 32% over 12 months.
                                Silver however is up $27 or 154% over 12 months.
                                Wish I had bought more, silver that is.
                                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X