Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this forum generate that much interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this forum generate that much interest?

I suggest that if someone wants to organise an event then they should be allowed to do so on the main pi forum. The reasoning is that this exclusive events forum does not generate much interest so not many people find out about it. And I know these events are well worth it.

Thoughts?

Sean
    Persistence (per-sis'tans, -zis'-) n. 1 The act of persist-
    ing. 2 The quality of being persistent 3 The continuance
    of an effect longer than the cause that first produced it.

Hi Sean,

I'm not so sure I agree. Usually when someone has posted an event, it does normally get quite a good response, and is seen by many. We just haven't had too many events organised lately (with the except of Chch and Invercargill.)

Anybody is welcome to make a post here to organise a gathering, event or activity. Were you thinking of organising something yourself? Great idea, if so!!

Also, I think many members use the 'New Post' button at the top to see the latest posts. Then it doesn't really matter which forum it's posted in - ALL new posts in ALL forums will show.
    Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa
      Yeah I would think some forums attract more people. This can be measured just by looking at the number of people viewing each forum.. The numbers are consistent. People who would otherwise not tend to think about attending a gathering would perhaps be inspired to go to one if they happen to stumble across it in the popular forum.
      Yeah I was thinking it would be good to do something for palmy however im a bit busy for the next couple weeks to be organising it.

Cheers,

Sean

Comment

Some sort of cross-reference might work, perhaps?

Comment

When a new event is posted in this forum it comes up under the new posts button. When i am hosting an event i make sure it keeps coming up as a new post by entering a post often.
          Also if i was new I would check out the events forum for anything happening.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by BusyLizzy View Post
            Also, I think many members use the 'New Post' button at the top to see the latest posts. Then it doesn't really matter which forum it's posted in - ALL new posts in ALL forums will show.
            I agree! I've read this thread twice today as it has appeared on the 'New Posts' list and I wouldn't normally peruse the Events & Charities forum.

Cheers
            Serendipity

Comment

Yes I agree, the 'New Post' button makes sure it is noticed.

Comment

Really hmmm. I never look at the new posts tab myself.

How would you suggest the cross ref work perry?

Comment

Wow, really Sean? I think the majority of forum readers use the new post button pretty much exclusively. I've dragged it to my bookmarks bar in the latest version of firefox so that I just need to click that to be instantly taken to the latest posts. Hmm, I feel a poll coming on Cheers David
                  New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by waiopehu24
                    How would you suggest the cross ref work Perry?
                    A cross-reference is a live link. The ones
                    that are underlined and in blue. Such could
                    go something like:

Are you in the Campbell Island area? If so,
                    you might be interested in a proposed PT
                    get-together: the location and contact
                    details of which are to be found here.
                    Now that's a dud link, as in it's not a link
                    at all - just an illustration of the idea.

When anyone clicks on it, they will be auto-
                    magically transferred to the thread where
                    said info is located.

The trick for Mods et al is remembering to
                    go back and delete the reference post, after
                    the event is over. Or maybe it would just
                    drift down the post titles list until it vanished
                    into oblivion?

Might need a test case, eh?
                    Last edited by Perry; 18-07-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

And here is that poll: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16991
                      New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Another thought. Why not just advertise the event temporarily in your signature. This will mean that everyone of your posts serves as advertising for the event! Cheers David

Comment

Well this is interesting, I have NEVER used the new posts and only sometimes read other headings apart from the property investment and general and only read NZ ones, but I have always known i was different, dont think the signature thing makes a big difference, although maybe some do, i have it on my posting and i still get a steady stream of people saying they have read my story and can they go on my data base, if they clicked on the signature they get the website and would see it is there, still I am not bothered just pointing out that perhaps we shouldnt judge others by our model of the world. Something that hit me hard when I did the Tony Robbins year, i acutally learned we all think and interpret things differently.

I know some of us are just slow catching on. Maybe I might look on the new posts at some stage.

Robyn

Comment

Working...
                          X