X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold back over $900

And gold is back over US$920 per oz.

Gold surges into $900 territory
    The precious metal rallies as the dollar softens and wary investors flee the stock market amid credit concerns and high oil.

By Ben Rooney, CNNMoney.com staff writer
    Last Updated: June 26, 2008: 2:33 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Gold prices jumped Thursday, rising back above the psychologically important $900 mark, on renewed fears about the health of the U.S. economy.

Gold for August delivery settled at $32.80 to 915.10 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The precious metal hit an all-time intraday high of more than $1,030 an ounce back in mid-March.

"Weakness in the dollar has helped propel gold sharply higher today," said James Steel, an HSBC metals analyst in New York.

In addition to the dollar's decline, gold was supported by a surge in the price of oil and signs that the credit crisis is alive and well on Wall Street.

"I think the bottom is rather limited, given the dollar and credit concerns, plus high oil prices," he said.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/26/mark...n=money_latest
    Last edited by muppet; 27-06-2008, 10:21 PM.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Originally posted by muppet View Post
    And gold is back over US$920 per oz.
    Well it looks like the "good times" are over again.
    Gold managed to break through the $930 resistance level last night, so the next step will be $950.

Choppy times ahead !

Don't forget silver. Quite a move.

Comment

interesting article

Just read this on the Goldprice site:

Think i might be making a call to NZ Mint this week and putting some more spare cash into the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by summadayze View Post
        Just read this on the Goldprice site:

Think i might be making a call to NZ Mint this week and putting some more spare cash into the good stuff.
        Good article

Comment

its cheaper right now if I was a looking to say increase my gold holding now would be good to dollar cost into some more...

Comment

Working...
          X