• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Dodgy lawnmowing contractor

I have recently noticed that my lawns are not getting cut at the agreed fortnightly intervals.
    I am however being charged for regular fortnightly cuts.It only came to my notice because a tenant called and advised that he had not seen the contractor for at least a month.
    As you are probably aware the grass does not grow at an accelerated pace during the winter, so perhaps he thought he could save himself some work and still be paid the going rate.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this contractor has being doing this for a considerable period of time, however, only one tenant has bothered to complain.
    Have any of you guys experienced this type of thing before or is it a consequence of the exorbitant cost of petrol ?

Quote Originally Posted by chess View Post
    I have recently noticed that my lawns are not getting cut at the agreed fortnightly intervals.
    I am however being charged for regular fortnightly cuts.It only came to my notice because a tenant called and advised that he had not seen the contractor for at least a month.
    As you are probably aware the grass does not grow at an accelerated pace during the winter, so perhaps he thought he could save himself some work and still be paid the going rate.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this contractor has being doing this for a considerable period of time, however, only one tenant has bothered to complain.
    Have any of you guys experienced this type of thing before or is it a consequence of the exorbitant cost of petrol ?
    Ever asked the tenants how often the lawns are mowed in Spring/Summer?

At least you can get your lawns mowed! I asked a lawnmower for a quote and was told he wast interested because i had too much grass!

Keys makes a good point is the lawnmower mowing more frequently in summer? if so then i wouldnt be too concerned after all if they dont need mowed why mow them?

Mine also mows at slightly irregular intervals depending on growth which is perfectly fine, but he also just leaves me an invoice after each mowing.
    I have never experienced problems with getting lawns moved though, no matter how overgrown they have been. I use Green Acres.
    High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Thread Information