Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All new

Hi,

I am a brand new member of this forum. My wife and I live and rent in Whangarei at the moment. We recently went to Dean's talk and had a good chat to him afterwards. We have reasonable cash equity but a very irregular income stream. We are keen to get into the property investment business, probably 'buy and hold' in South Auckland as suggested by Dean. Dean thought that we should be able to pick up a few cash flow neutral houses.

I have little knowledge of the property business. At this stage, I intend reading heaps and attending every meeting etc , that I possibly can. My question is this. What would you suggest as the next step. Should I get a mentor, see a strategist, contact a broker in that area or what? Who would be best to advise me on how to set up Trusts, tell me what type of property to look for, etc and just generally give me advice on the way forward. I have emailed Dean but not yet had a reply.

Cheers,

Think, ponder, research, ask questions, troll through internet forums - but sit tight on the big step for at least 12 months. You will find that the main issue re property is timing. You have to buy at the right time.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Vleis

Welcome to the forum. There's lots to read and lots of opinions. Enjoy yourself!!
      Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by Vleis View Post
        Dean thought that we should be able to pick up a few cash flow neutral houses.

I have little knowledge of the property business.
        Warning Will Robinson

Warning, Warning, Warning.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Hi Vleis, welcome to the forums.

You might find some useful information in the links in my signature. Likewise the PT wiki has some pretty good stuff in it.

Cheers
          David
          New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Many thanks for warm welcome and the advice, it will be taken seriously. David, thanks for the reading material, there is a lot to read and learn. I have also heard from Dean so things are moving along.

Cheers,
            Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

I suggest you join your local Property Investors' Association. I'm a past president, so if you'd like to phone me for a chat, feel free to contact me. I believe the next meeting is on 25th June and you can go for free without joining for your first visit. You could also contact the current president, Roger Raymond via the email on the association web site.

cheers,
              Dave
              Last edited by drelly; 13-06-2008, 08:48 AM.
              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Keep us informed of your progress Garth

Hi Garth,

You have found that these forums are good for bouncing your thoughts off and I highly recommend you read Monid's thread (in his signature) and found here

Take your time - as Green Fish as said the market is about timing.

Have fun and let us know your progress.

Cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thanks Dave, I am already a member and have been to a few monthly meetings. Very interesting.

Cheers,
                  Garth

Comment

Thanks Donna, will do.

Comment

Working...
                    X