No announcement yet.

Gold: 1st quarter stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually the BIS is the master of understatement...... so its a bit of a worry.

5-6 years ago I realised I really didn't know what money was/is. I recognised, intellectually, that the money I spent actually changed in value; but I also realised my every day actions/thoughts were as if it was a constant, and all the commodities I purchased fluctuated in value.

So I started to try and work out what money is!!!! Well in that process I came to realize that the world monetary system was a house of cards, and it worked because it had to ie: Central banks etc made it work because the consequences of it not working are horrific. So its a little scary when the BIS starts saying depression.

It seems to me that with the final demise of specie currency 37-38 years ago the world has been heading into uncharted territory. The change is more profound that that started by Nero when he debased the Roman Currency ( at least he kept it specie backed) as the currency used today is all fiat.
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
      When you say demand dropped...are you referring to consumer demand for Jewerly??

Investment demand for gold is WAY bigger than jewerly demand as people around the world look to protect their assets against inflation.

Gold will continue to rise for the next few years until the world major governments get serious about tackling inflation (i.e USA).

I will openly predict Gold will be $1,200 - $1,300 USD an ounce by 2008 Dec.

Gold is still cheap today. The Gold/Oil ratio is at historic lows. Presently it takes 7 barrels of oil to buy an ounce of gold. Historically the number has bounced between 10 - 15 barrels of oil to buy an ounce of gold.

Something to think about.

Shane Dennison
      Just reminding myself...and others of my terrible gold price prediction skills. Here I am in 2008 predicting a price between $1,200 - $1,300 USD. I think it ended 2008 at around $700. Oppps ...a bit of a miss .

Shane

Comment

you quoted?

when?

where?

not here...

i fear...
        Last edited by eri; 17-04-2011, 02:45 AM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Working...
        X