• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 92 of 130 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast

Default Matt Gilligan Bankrupting Mark Bryers: Attention Bluechip Victims

Attention Bluechip Victims

Thought you might find it interesting that I have a petiton to bankrupt Mark Bryers before the high court on 8 October 2009 at 10.45am.

http://www.gra.co.nz/download/Summons_to_Debtor.pdf

It is more than likely I will roll him on that date, unless he pays ( unlikely).

There are a queue of creditors behind me wanting to nail him including Wespac, but I'm first in line to get his scalp it seems.
    Last edited by Matt Gilligan; 09-09-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks for letting us know - there will be lots of interest here on how you get on Matthew.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Default ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gilligan View Post
    Attention Bluechip Victims

Thought you might find it interesting that I have a petiton to bankrupt Mark Bryers before the high court on 8 October 2009 at 10.45am.

http://www.gra.co.nz/download/Summons_to_Debtor.pdf

It is more than likely I will roll him on that date, unless he pays ( unlikely).

There are a queue of creditors behind me wanting to nail him including Wespac, but I'm first in line to get his scalp it seems.

If you don't mind ...... how did you get to be first???? ..... I thought there would have been a whole heap of people trying to be at the head of that line.

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Delightfully in need of some Tender Loving Care
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
    Some things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise

Smelled a rat sooner than most?

Didn't believe the assurances given?

Started the correct proceedings as soon as it was possible?

Nil concept of leinancy for defaulters?

Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Smelled a rat sooner than most?

Something else?

Correct

Correct

Correct

I went for the jugular and did not take offers to settle or fake promises as anything other than than delay tactics & nonsense.

He will pay me at the 11th hour, or attempt to stike out the petition at the 11th hour with a nonsense arguement ( will be tough for him to try this but its always possible), or her will ROLL.

Then I will seek enforcement in Australia and whereever else he moves.

Has anyone talked about the tax side of the Bluechip deals in here ? I have a view that teh properties acquired by investors are arguably (in some cases) on revenue account making the losses deductible.
    Last edited by Matt Gilligan; 10-09-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Matthew, How is it that Mark Bryers owes you money?

Were you acting for him, with him, against him with other investors?

Say he is bankrupted - is it likely that he would be required to retun from Oz and reside here under the eye of the OA. Or is it pretty easy to get dispensation to "work" overseas?

Good on you MG for following through with this. There are many others who would llike to but who don't have the $'s (or the energy) left to pursue bankruptcy through all of the steps - knowing that Bryers has a habit of stringing things out by any means possible - which only makes it even more expensive.

I suspect 8 October will draw more than just a few interested spectators in Court. Do keep us all updated in the event things take a turn....

CT

Default What comes around goes around.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Matthew, How is it that Mark Bryers owes you money?

Were you acting for him, with him, against him with other investors?

I was acting against him, through a family Trust (related to me).

In 2007 I warned investors publicly that I thought some of his schemes were tax avoidance. The independant reported it front page, and his share price dropped.

His reaction was to sue me for millions of dollars for defamation. It is what you call a gagging writ, - the "victim" screams crocodile tears and goes to court to scare me, the "victim" has deep pockets so I am supposed to be afraid and back off. I know BC did this with heaps of professionals speaking out in public concerned about their investments. We in fact referred to their investments (behind the scenes) as " Blue Shit" with clients, and pulled god knows how many out of them.

Instead I explained to them that my opinions were honestly held and spoken in public interest, and I was right. 100% right, and therefore I thought their litigation was a great idea because it would bring to the public eye what a pile of crap their investments were, and give me a soapbox to talk about it in the media. Bluechip promptly withdrew when they realised I was going to turn their claim into a media circus.

Amusingly BC's lawyer approached us after the incident ( impressed by us calling their bluff so aggressively), and asked if we would act as his accoutnant ! We declined. )

I can't emphasie how revolting their CEO and some of their management team were to deal with. Insincere, arrogant corproate pigs, - you have no idea. They really rated themsleves and I told them that I did not believe a word they said, that their tax and legal advisors provided 'purchased' opinions to suit their purposes, and their products were crap. We know this as a fact....from talking to employees of organisations providing the opinions.

They withdrew their claim and life moved on.

I thought to myself if I cross paths with the BC people I dealt with or Bryers again, I would go out of my way to try to remove them from the commercial gene pool in NZ. ( If I got a chance.) I am involved in a lot of commercial litigation and enjoy scrapping. It like a good game of chess in many ways.

Last year someone ripped off by Bryers approached me, going broke as a result of his antics. They had a non disputed debt but could not afford to enforce it. So I purchased the debt, obtained summary judgement, and have now pressed for bankruptcy.

What comes around goes around.
    Last edited by Matt Gilligan; 11-09-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Great, Thanks for the answer, and bloody good on you!

Thread Information