No announcement yet.

Christchurch Meeting - 8th April 6.30pm at Speights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm is there a limit on International Jetsetters???

Hi,

My wife and I fly back to the UK on 13th and I think I can make the 8th. We should have never picked up the Blue Book when we got back to Christchurch... and the Realtor... and the Property Press... oh well.

cheers
    Rob

Comment

Orkibi,

Speights Ale house on Bealey Ave at 6.30 - 7.00pm, Tues 8th April.

See you there!
      Eli

Comment

Thanks Eli ,

See you .
        New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
        FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
        CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Hi Guys,

The new list as below

Scoob x 4
          Gerken x2
          Ream x2
          deliveryman x1 (international traveller)
          Charlotte x2
          property_now x1
          Gypsygirl x1
          Orkibi x 1
          Jamie x1 ?
          rob_gourdie x2
          tange x1

Thanks guys for your support, please continue to spread the word.
          Last edited by Scott Miller; 03-04-2008, 04:41 PM.
          Scott Miller - Mortgage Broker
          Ph: 03 980 4541 M: 021 34 36 48
          AMS's website My email

Comment

Orkibi x1

Cheers
            Hadar

Comment

Thanks Orkibi - I have made the necessary change.
              Last edited by Scott Miller; 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM.
              AMS's website My email

Comment

Thank you to all those who turned up last night.

I would like to thank Craig from Minor Miracles for his talk last night particularly for his response to the Q&A session at the end.

I will keep you informed of the next meeting.
                Last edited by Scott Miller; 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM.
                AMS's website My email

Comment

Hi Team

Great night and great ideas. Look out for the next one as it will be a great evening for all hopefully with some more special guests.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Thanks , It was nice to meet you all.

Hadar

Comment

Thanks to all that listen to me dribble on -- yeah i know im not a public speaker but i hope i gave you a rough idea on what is involved and more importanly what can be achieved out of it -- for those that are interested i have been working on 15 sections suitable for relocating houses that all ready have titles -- Just had the word this morning that its all going ahead so i am going to release 4 sections only ( im keeping the other 11) to others interested -- if you want to know more you can e-mail me or ring me -- you have my card -- there is a gd 70K + from it to be made in todays maket-- builders terms available as well--Chez Craig

Comment

Cheers and we did buy a 3rd place in the end

Scoob & MonkeyBoy - thanks very much for a great evening for this "international jetsetter".
                        For Mike, Andy, Jamie and the others I were chatting too...
                        We finally bought a 2 bed place on Kotare Street on Thursday. We saw this one on TradeMe and thought it was a better option than the one we had initially looked at on Kotare Street. Interestingly, by way of a market commentary: It was on at $369k in December and then was passed in at Auction at $310k 4 weeks ago. The vendor accepted our offer of $289k. It was previously tennented at $340/week and a Harcourts agent is already chasing us to move in herself - which argues well for the future.
                        Also the bank gave us a 20 point discount on a 24 month term, and I told them to sharpen their pencil again before confirming, which they said they would.

so now we appear to be "landed gentry of Fendalton"... ooooo errr!

cheers again
                        Rob

Comment

Well done Rob.

See you at the next meeting. We'll give you plenty of time to get here for the next one.
                          [email protected]

Comment

The state of the market

Originally posted by rob_gourdie View Post
                            Interestingly, by way of a market commentary: It was on at $369k in December and then was passed in at Auction at $310k 4 weeks ago. The vendor accepted our offer of $289k.
                            Given the comments that came out from QV today, http://www.stuff.co.nz/4478532a11.html

"If sales volumes stay down at present levels, prices are expected to continue falling, with Deutsche Bank forecasting a 10 per cent price fall nationally."

Having a $80K drop in one property over a 5 month period is huge. What does that say about the coming winter months and the houses on the market at present??
                            Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Statements about where the market is going

Essence - yes that price drop does say something about where the market is heading. Obviously all good punters will be getting their cheque books ready and know that the recovery will come eventually.
                              However, I think it is also worth mentioning that we looked at a place in Ayr street, right next to the HSOB's clubrooms - a 3 bed townhouse 10yrs old and looking a little dated. Originally marketed at $425k, on at $395k when we looked at it. My gut reaction was that $325k was a fair price for this and although it did have location, it didn't have the monopoly on it.
                              Interestingly, after numerous follow-up calls from the agent, I told her my $325k assessment and she said that, that was what the vendor had paid for it 18months earlier. She thought it was a fair assessment to say that in the last 12 weeks prices had receded to where they were 18months ago.
                              Clearly nothing in the property had been touched in the last 18 months and they were just looking for a quick $100k. The word that came to mind for both my wife and I was "rude".

I think the slippage in the market may initially wipe out unfathomed gains from those who thought property was a licence to print money - without understanding the principles of underlying value etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X