Pukekohe West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pukekohe West

After many weeks of searching we have seen a brick & tile property in the Princes street area
    close to the High school.
    There is quite a lot of state housing in the area, but I am no stranger to that
    having lived in mt Roskill for a few years in my flatting days, We already have a rental in
    Otara and have not had any problems with tennants (touch wood)

Can anyone offer any comments (good or bad) about this area, I would be very appeciative.

My only concern with Puke is that it has had huge price rises in the last four or five years, a lot more than most areas.

But in saying that I wouldn’t put Otara in the same sentence as Puke. Puke is much much nicer. It does have some bad areas but I think in general it a really nice area.
    There has been a huge increase in the number of glass houses around which has been good for the local economy.

Few friends have houses around there and they seem to be happy with them.
    Hope this helps

Allan

Comment

If the prices have been huge in the last few years, is it worth waiting a few months for the 10% crash
      that Kieran seems to think is coming.
      or....
      will they hold up until July when the Labour equity scheme comes into play.
      hmmm...... decisions, decisions.

on the plus side, puke is a nice town, has some industry to support rentals, served well with shopping, schools, railway link. Ticks all our boxes.
      Last edited by casacamo; 13-02-2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

On Manukau Road they are doing some huge retail centres which are well underway.
        There have also been a lot of new buildings in and around Puke over the years.
        It might be worth having a look to see how many of those are sitting for sale.
        (See how much stock is sitting on the shelves)

Allan

Comment

We have invested in surrounding areas that Pukekohe service and are very happy with our purchases.

Its my understanding that more services are still to come in Puke', one being a new cinema complex...

Its also my obervation that the Franklin region is growing strongly, however as Alhoon says, prices have also risen substantially, and it wouldn't surprise me if it does get a slight correction over time, or at least take an extra few days to sell a property.

It might be worth checking out potential rental returns for the house. Most properties seem to be snapped up quickly by working tenants.
          S.

Comment

Working...
          X