Hi new to PT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new to PT...

I'm new in here and was wondering if it's ok to ask ppl where they are from or where they have bought properties?
    I've only had a quick look around and can already see what a wonderful resource this site is going to be. Look foward to spending some (a lot) of time in here

Thanks

Welcome!!

Welcome along to the site, aplomb. You can ask where properties were bought & for what $'s, but you'll probably find that most forumites will only give general answers.

We've become aware recently that this site is read by the news agencies, and we suspect the IRD as well, so you can understand why we're a bit cautious.

Mostly though, any questions - ask away. Check out the forums rules and some of the old threads, you'll find a huge amount of info to point you in the right direction.
    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Thanks for the lovely welcome...I'm sure there is a wealth of info just waiting for me to read and ask about. Cheers

Comment

Hi Aplomb

Welcome to PT, I'm sure it is okay to ask people where they are from and or where they have bought properties. That said some won't respond and some will point out the map of PT members and that you can find out where many people live from their profile.

For myself I'm from Auckland but I now live in Northern Ireland in a little town called Portstewart. We (my wife and I) own properties in Rotorua, Auckland and South Taranaki.

Cheers
        David Hunter
        Last edited by Monid; 13-01-2008, 10:13 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Hi aplomb,

I see that you hail from Nelson, home of one of PT's very best contibutors (in my opinion) - Glenn.

If you see Glenn, please ask him when his book is coming out.

Paul.

Comment

Hi thanks and yes i will

Cheers
            A

Comment

In Nelson we also have a good property investors association of which Glenn can help you join...

The Nelsonian PT members got together for dinner just before xmas so keep your eyes peeled for the next one.

Comment

Cheers thanks for that. Yep I'm thinking about joining so will get in touch with Glen or someone when the times right.

Comment

Working...
                X