Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do investors look for/want when purchasing a deal from other investors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do investors look for/want when purchasing a deal from other investors?

What do investors look for/want/expect when they are seriously considering purchasing a deal/s from other investors? i.e via the property billboard website?

Hello - I am very new to this profession and I am interested to know what other investors thoughts are on this, especially for people investing in the Wellington region.

I am looking at concentrating on the Northern Wgtn area i.e Khandallah, Johnsonville, Newlands, Tawa areas (possibly Whitby/Paremata also) . Is there much interest in these areas or is there more interest from investors in the central Wellington area?

I am rather apprehensive with doing due diligence on too many deals if there may only be a 10 or 20% chance of finding another investor, say via the property billboard forum - there seems to be quite a few deals available, but I do not see too many resulting in a successful result?

What specific areas make investors ears stand up & say, 'this deal needs serious consideration'.

Is it a combination of xy% below reg value, % yield or reno potential by adding nett xy$ or sub-dividable property?

What is considered a good deal and how much do you leave in a deal when
    1 - assigning a property?
    2 - double settlement? etc

Do you work to a certain formula/percentage?

Look forward to receiving some great feedback.

Cheers

I tend to be very cautious about buying property outside of an area I know well.

A lot of "deals" depend very much on valuations.
    Valuations are great for borrowing money.
    From a buying perspective they're normally inflated.

Yield just pays the bills.
    Capital growth is the $.

Pay a $10K assignment fee?
    Not likely on anything I could find for myself in a weekend.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I look for deals to trade - so needs to be under market value and not take too much time or money to get to a point where I make 20-30K profit.

I just did one in Tawa for example - should make $20K after tax on that one which only took about 3-4 weeks to turn around. Some investors wouldn't get outta bed for that - but we try and turn the deals over quickly.

If it is a deal that you would consider taking on - but can't as you don't have the resources then it may be of use to someone.

Every investor has different needs and a different strategy.

Northern suburbs maybe good for a greater number of investors as the deposit needed is smaller. Although a lot of us work on the numbers as opposed to the area.

Are you coming to the PT Xmas Event?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback guys -

Snookie re the PT Xmas mingle - I have a prior engagement on Thursday nights until 7.30pm, so wouldn't be able to make it until around 8.15pm - I thought this may be too late

What are your thoughts

Cheers

Wayne

Comment

Working...
        X