Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donna,

That is a great idea.

Teams can enter, with cyclists doing either a 40km or an 80km leg. It is a great way to be a part of a neat event without dying from a heart attack.

On that note, a funny story. My friend was waiting towards the top of the final hill on Saturday, ready to take a photo of me as I triumphantly arrived at the peak. While he was waiting, a female cyclist walked past him. He shouted encouragingly "c'mon, you can do it - get back on your bike!", to which the cyclist, looking at her heart-rate monitor, replied "I would, but my heart rate is scaring me".

Paul.
    Last edited by SuperDad; 26-11-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Paul I take my hat off to you if you do the Enduro. Part of me wants to do it also but the amount of training required versus spending time with family is something that needs a balance !!

Donna-that sounds like a top idea. Would be great to get some PT'ers together for next year, for anything from the 40km portion up to Pauls mammoth effort. (Maxi year after next????)

Kelvin

Comment

The race has an official charity called Heart Kids. There is a prize for the best corporate team (won by firefighters in their gear, top that) and we could be the PT team and do something whacky.

My basic rules:
        * no unicycles
        * no raleigh 20s
        * no recumbent bikes of any kind
        * no tandems

and yes, there were riders on all of those...
        Charging enough rent?
        NZ Scams to Avoid
        Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

I passed a couple of guys on the raleigh 20s. They really looked the part, as they had retro movember mo's as well.

I couldn't believe the firefighters, who cycled in full uniform. To top that, I think that a PT team would have to bike using bikes that were inside cardboard houses.

Paul.

Comment

So, what's the appeal of sitting on a bike for 10 hours?
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

So how many in a team?

Cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Can have a team of 4 do 40km each, or 2 doing 80km each or some sort of combination of that.

The whole idea of it I think is to get out there and have some fun, you don't need to be Lance Armstrong to do this.

Comment

Hi Donna

If we could get a team of 160 then each person would only have to cycle 1km.

Regards
                  "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I was too busy renovating and training before Taupo so didn't see this thread. Would have been great to have a Waihi Hill Lunchtime PT meet!

I was a first timer doing Taupo and absolutely loved it. The conditions were perfect, everything went right and for me on the day, and I now I can even say that cramp was part of the fun!

I always said I'd only do it once for the challenge but have already caught myself thinking about how to do better next year. I reckon I could do it faster, but just don't know if it would be as much of a buzz as the first time.

Of course then there's the twice round option. But that's just madness. MADNESS I say Paul - are you listening!!! I swear one guy doing the twice round was asleep on his bike.

Gerrard

Comment

I hear you Gerrard.

Like you, I think that doing it a second time wouldn't be as much of a buzz. That's why I'm upping my dosage.

Which one was Waihi Hill? Was it the 19th big one, or the 22nd big one?

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrard View Post
                        Would have been great to have a Waihi Hill Lunchtime PT meet!
                        Only if we could turn the clocks off!

"Well honey, it really only took me 5 hours to get round, but I spent another 2 hours lunching with the gang"
                        Charging enough rent?
                        NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

okay so is that 2 for the twice around (Paul and Gerrard) yaooh!. Now we just need to get a team of 4....maybe a a team of 2 as well?

I'll be a starter for the team of 4 (umm mountain bikes are okay aye!)

PT Team of Twice Around The Lake:
                          Superdad (Paul)
                          Gerrard (I did read your post correctly - you are up for the extra challenge? )

PT Team of 2:

PT Team of 4:
                          Donna

....remember it's all in the name of Charity, fitness, challenge and fun....and there's plenty of time to train before the event.

Cheers,

Donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I can help pump up the tyres.
                            "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                              PT Team of Twice Around The Lake:
                              Superdad (Paul)
                              Gerrard (I did read your post correctly - you are up for the extra challenge? )
                              I believe I called it "madness". I now revise that to "absolute insanity".

Gerrard

Comment

Oh c'mon Gerrard.

I'll need someone to draft off. You'll do nicely.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X