• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Who or what are PIPL?
    pipl.com
    You can narrow down the search to New Zealand only or search on emails and other identifying information.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Yes I managed to get tribunal hearing 15/02999/CH printed out from the MOJ web site. She was evicted on 25 November 2015 from 132 Emmett Street Shirley. She owed $409 rent on the day of the hearing which was greater than 21 days in arrear.
    I could not find the case awarding HNZ $20,000. So I am really interested in how the story got to Stuff. The $20000 case would have been a second application to cover the cleaning costs.
    There is no way the tenant would have given it to them so clearly HNZ must be feeding their cases of interest to the stuff.
    Tenancy Services are saying to random callers like me as of last week that there is an urgent need for a law change and that we should all be talking to our local MP's about the need for the law change.
    Just what is going on. When I talked to Dr Nick Smith MP in January he was real keen to have a law change for the benefit of HNZ to gain quicker access to abandoned properties.
    I smell a rat here. Does anyone know what is happening.
    Perhaps a good thing to post on Facebook!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I could not find the case awarding HNZ $20,000.
    TT ruling is now up here.

Ruling was 'issued' on 27 April, but who knows how long it took to be loaded on the MoJ website.

Not sure how the adjudicator determined that "the methamphetamine contamination occurred during the tenancy". No mention of testing before the tenancy started, so I would have loved to have been at the hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWal View Post
    TT ruling is now up here.

Ruling was 'issued' on 27 April, but who knows how long it took to be loaded on the MoJ website.

Not sure how the adjudicator determined that "the methamphetamine contamination occurred during the tenancy". No mention of testing before the tenancy started, so I would have loved to have been at the hearing.
    Well done BigWal. That case was just loaded yesterday or today.
    I have figured out how to make the MOJ site do a few tricks!!!!!
    As with all learning I still have some tricks to discover. I am sure there are more.
    Perhaps we should have a discussion forum on how to get the best out of the site!
    On the 27 April there were 16 cases in Christchurch that have been posted on the site. Case number 4010387 (Amy Humphries) is the second to last one to be posted.
    I have attempted to find another P case in Christchurch. I have even tried to find one in Nelson where I know that there was a P clean up but could not find one.
    Perhaps there might be another forum member who has laboriously scrolled through all the cases and found some ???
    Re "how the adjudicator determined that the contamination occurred during the tenancy" that is also a matter I have thought about a few times.
    I moaned to our local adjudicator once how HNZ seemed to be able to get things awarded that I failed on.
    She invited me to submit more items for approval. She even said she did not really know how many hours we spent on cleaning. Hint hint.
    Since when has the tribunal been about fairness and good law applications.
    One rule for HNZ another for property managers and another for the great unwashed.

Thanks Glenn. I just got lucky - I like to practice researching prospective tenants. On a different note ...

On the 27 April there were 16 cases in Christchurch that have been posted on the site.
    Are you able to tell me how you found this out? In particular, for a specific date, and for a specific location?

Now they've moved to the 'single reference number' system it's a lot harder to find a bunch of successive decisions (which I think is why they changed it, but maybe I'm just being cynical)

Quote Originally Posted by BigWal View Post
    Thanks Glenn. I just got lucky - I like to practice researching prospective tenants. On a different note ...

Are you able to tell me how you found this out? In particular, for a specific date, and for a specific location?

Now they've moved to the 'single reference number' system it's a lot harder to find a bunch of successive decisions (which I think is why they changed it, but maybe I'm just being cynical)
    Hi BigWal
    Like I mentioned this discussion should be moved to its own thread.
    That is beyond my IT skills but one of the forum people might be able to do that for us.
    What you do is put a wild card (*) into the street address and under city type in the city of interest. Say Christchurch.
    Up pops the complete list of Christchurch listings.
    There is something else matching at the same time and it is those matches that make be suspicious that I might be able to refine the search process.
    For instance when I put in Nelson it also comes up with some Auckland cases for "Nelson Street".
    For those of us who know a little bit about Auckland it is no surprise there are some Nelson Street cases.
    So the list starts at the most recently loaded cases and goes on for lots of pages. Again if I was bit smarter I would figure out how to get a bit more out of that raw data.
    Again a great subject for thread. Perhaps a closed thread in order to avoid the wrong people reading it.
    Hint Hint.
    I too have done what I suspect you have been doing. Pop in one local number and using the browse forward and backward arrows progressively work your way right through all the cases in your own local court. I had great ideas of writing to all landlords in our local court and offering them my services. I did that with a trial batch but like many good ideas it failed to fly and I found picking the dirt out of my nose too much of a bore.
    Now that I am free with just my small portfolio to look after such ventures are for others to take up and explore.

What you do is put a wild card (*) into the street address and under city type in the city of interest. Say Christchurch.
    Outstanding tip Glenn! Thanks! My method was a lot more labour intensive.

Default Tenancy Tribunal search has changed?

I was searching for a specific order against one of my former tenants on the order search on moj website. What I found was very interesting! the whole search engine has changed. I have taken 6 tenants through tribunal in the past 3 years so that totals 6 orders which I have checked originally and were all made public. Now when I search for those orders again they are all gone besides two orders which are still up!

Is this the end of landlords who manage privately being able to check if a tenant had been to tribunal? Because clearly running a search no longer delivers the correct and accurate results that it once did.

There is a cut-off date for those Orders to remain visible. Do you know what that date is?
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Ok Always keep digital copies then. Websites can change.

Thread Information