X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland 1/2 Marathon

Hi,
    I've set up a web page at http://www.heartracer.org.nz/QuentinBennett/

Come support me as I participate in adidas Auckland 1/2 Marathon 2007 in an effort to raise funds for The National Heart Foundation of New Zealand.

Spread the word - please forward this message to your email address book so that the The National Heart Foundation of New Zealand really benefits from my efforts.

Thank you,

Quentin Bennett
    DFTBA

Done it Quentin! - PropertyTalk.com are delighted to be supporting you and the National Heart Foundation.

What time are you expecting?

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thanks Donna - your support and that of others is appreciated and provides huge motivation for me.

My goal is 2 hours - at this stage, finishing will be a major achievement!

cube
      DFTBA

Comment

Dear kind and loyal heart-racer sponsors!

Unfortunately, I have been struck down in my prime (yeah right!), with a stress fracture of the 2nd metatarsal. Not as painful as it sounds, but bad enough to mean that I probably will not be able to run in the Auckland Half Marathon at the end of the month.

The good news is that this means that I don't have to get up at some un-Godly hour of the morning to train at the moment, but the bad news is that when I recover I still have to repay your faith in me and complete a half marathon. At this stage, I am not sure when that will be, but it certainly looks like I'll be having to survive the early mornings well in to next year, because there don't seem to be a lot of marathons run in the middle of summer (funny, that!)

I thank you for your support for an extremely worthy cause - you have done your part in good faith, and I will endeavour to do mine, just not as soon as I hoped.
        DFTBA

Comment

Good news - I Did it!

After a couple of weeks of recuperation and inspired by Alan Johnston's Story, I decided that I could suffer a little discomfort and to attempt the 1/2.

Aided by my running mentor, who encouraged, cajoled and pushed me to keep going, I finished in 2 hours 23 minutes and 18 seconds - a world record for people nicknamed 'cube' on PropertyTalk.com.

Thanks to those of you who supported me, and a reminder that it is not too late to sponsor my efforts through a donation to The National Heart Foundation

cube
          Last edited by cube; 29-10-2007, 12:05 PM.
          DFTBA

Comment

Working...
          X