Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Forum

Hi Guys

I came across the following Forum and thought that some renovators might be interested to know about it. It is very practical and lots of advice is available, but keep in mind it is in the US.

Address: http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php?s=

An example posting:
    Mold removal formula
    This is an excerpt from a thread about mold. The auther is a member and an official with the Dallas Housing Authority.

4. so what works? According to the instructor of the mold class I attended, try a spray bottle with the following in it:

1/2 gal. white vinegar
    1/2 gal. hydrogen peroxide
    1 cup boric acid
    keep closed tightly
    mix well - use in a spray bottle on a dry surface.

Shake well and spray area well. The vinegar/peroxide kills active live mold and the boric acid keeps them that way. (Note: uncapped peroxide loses it's oxygen molecules to the air when not capped tight and becomes H2O [water], so keep this solution in a bottle that can be capped off tight).

Instructor stated that boric acid works on mold bodies like it does on roach bodies - cuts them and they bleed to death because they cannot "coagulate" (snakes and snails and puppydog tails).

I guess we all know that there are some very beneficial molds, too.

One last note on the above solution. This solution will not "bleach" out the mold stain. After mold is under control, then you can bring out the bleach and whiten the mold stains.

For all you shower lovers!!!!
    Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Muppet,

you would be lost without internet access at home wouldn't you!!! Where do you come up with this stuff? I can really see your intellectual background coming through!!
    Cheers
    CD

Comment

Hi CD

Thanks for the buzz.
      However this site was borrowed from Somersoft.
      Knowing that many forumites don't look at many other forums I pick what may be useful for PT forumites nd post.

Regards
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
      X