Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one has set up a body corporate

Hello

I bought an investment property a number of months ago and as far as I understand no body corporate has been set up.

All the paper work and docs are there but no body has been formed (group of people). The whole block is insured.

The property is in a block of eight townhouses and I believe every property is now occupied. Mine has three good tennants in.

I understand that the body corporate needed to be formed by the eight owners including myself. Unfortuntely no one has stepped forward to set this up.

I don't mind helping out but due to my free lance work I don't have the time to become head of the body corporate.

I asked a few of the neighbours but they are tennants and obviously aren't interested in answering my questions.

I've drafted a letter to send to the owners. Im hoping this might prompt someone to set some thing up. but it might come down to me.

At the moment nothing is set up , are we breaking the law and are there any tips in dealing with this situation.

thanks NzDuder

Hello mcduder,

Refer to the unit titles act ?1972

xris

Comment

Good point thanks NzDuder

Comment

I set up a BC in similar circs. It was pretty simple - first read the Unit Titles Act re BC rules for notice of meetings, quorum etc. Call a meeting of owners, appoint a couple of office holders (treasurer and secretary), decide on the levy, open a bank account. Copy the standard BC rules in the Act for everyone, and propose they are followed for the time being. Oh and get everyone's email address. Makes life way simpler.

Comment

Working...
        X