This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snookie View Post
    Yep - PT events rock. It is so upllifting!

Only problem is I might get fired one day - as 'I'm just going to get a coffee' and arriving back 2 hours later may wear a little thin after a while...

But then... how bad would that be... :-)
    If you work somewhere family friendly then just say you were out with Grandma. I'm sure they'll understand

Comment

HAHAHAHA

It's great to take Grandma along to agents - they assume she is a push over and then WHAMMO!

Yes - momentum is key... hearing others, in your area talk, about the creative things they are doing and the hard work they are putting in really lifts you to a new level in your own motivation.

Comment

Hmmm,
        I seem to remember a gathering in Newmarket (Auckland) about two or three years ago, and another in the Viaduct Basin even longer ago.
        Good value, and lots of fun. It's mentally stimulating to rub shoulders periodically with other property investors in a casual setting - with a beer or a coffee in hand.
        Julian
        Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

A question from a newbie:

Do you have to "own" property to be able to attend, or is it for anyone interested in property as current or future investment?

Did I see correctly, these seminars/meetings are free?

Thanks in advance
          Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. (Zig Ziglar)

Comment

steevg, If you are wanting to talk to like minded people face to face, listen to their stories and ideas, and soak up some inspiration, then just put your name down on the next event happening in your area, and just turn up.
            The more the merrier!

Comment

Hi Steevg - and welcome to the forum!

Yes, absolutely - you would be more than welcome. The great thing about these events is that you get the newbies, the very experienced investors - and everything in between.

There should should be a few events being arranged as we lead up to Xmas, so just keep an eye on your next local event. Sarahd is the event organiser for Taupo and I'm sure she'll be getting something underway soon.

I know I felt a bit nervous going to my first event, but was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming everyone was.

As Glen said - the more the merrier!
              Lisa

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I went to the meeting . . . met some great people . . . . . and boy oh boy . . . . did I learn a lot!

Thanks to everyone at the Taupo meet, for their welcome, and to the forum members here who have already helped me so much!

Exciting times for me, and I look forward to being able to give back at some stage in the future.

Have a great and prosperous week ahead guys!

Steve
                Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. (Zig Ziglar)

Comment

Can anyone let me know when the next event is? Sorry i'm new to this forum stuff

Cheers

Comment

Hi Matau22

Unfortunately we don't have anything specific planned at the moment. Often it ends up being one of the forum members deciding it's time for a 'get together' in their home town and they just organise it by picking a place and a time.

Where do you live? Maybe it's time for some of your local forum members to take some action!
                    Lisa

Comment

Well i'm new to this forum and property investment as well

However, i live in Wainuiomata, Wellington

Cheers

Comment

im convinced!

Comment

I am now back in New Zealand after 6 years in Ireland and UK, when is the next event in Wellington? I would like to stick in my 5 cents worth (have to be 10 cents worth now as I see the 5 cents pieces are all gone! Just a memory of a Tuatara).
                          We don't have the money, so we are going to have to THINK - Peter Blake

Comment

Hi All,

Is there going to be another one of these PropertyTalk events? Sorry I am new to this forum but would be keen to come along!

Cheers,

Troy

Comment

I will try tee up a few days and organise one soon.
                              yes it has been quite some time and we need another

Comment

Though the post is about four years old, i have just read it and could not agree more....

Comment

Working...
                                X