• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default It's all good

PM,

I believe it refers to the numbers online at any one time. From memory the record was sitting at 302 for quite awhile and has obviously just been beaten today.

The fact that there are some excellent threads at the moment would have contributed to this I think.

Yes, the forum has changed recently and much for the better. A lot of the "noise" and bickering is now absent, due in no small part to ringfencing of all comments on RM to its own monster thread. A great decision by the mods, IMHO, which has vastly improved the feel of the site.

Cheers
    G
    Last edited by revdev; 06-06-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added a little bit more

Hello all,

Yep - its how many people are online at that time.

Cheers

marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Hi Marc,

Sorry, I am a bit slow today. The most users ever online wasn't 320 then? What was the most?

Regards,
    *poormastery*

Hello!

Yep that was the record 320. To see what the current amount is look for

"Currently Active Users:"

The highest amount every recorded for the forum is located

"Most users ever online was XXX,"

Cheers

Marc

Fantastic we got to 320!

Quote Originally Posted by Poormastery
    Does this just mean the most users online in the last 24 hours?
    Okay basically that is a measure of simultaneous users so it means that at 9:26 there were 320 people all reading PT, which is more than there has been ever in the past.

Recently, a big gang of Richmastery followers left this forum, so I assume the user numbers are way down at the moment?
    In regards to the big gang of Richmastery followers leaving, I think only one explicitly left and even he still reads PT (Hi Steve, how are things?) Most of the
    others who have ceased posting were single serving posters, they only popped up for the Richmastery argy bargy and now have disappeared off into the wilderness until next time. (Note this happens on both sides of the perennial debate)

It is a bit hard to tell if user numbers are down, since the online users is only useful as a rough guide as users don't have to be members nor if they are members posters. I can confirm from my very rough measurement of the number of posts per day that there has been no drop off in content despite anyone's departure.

By the way, is it just me, or has this forum really changed in the past few months?
    Well, you have definitely changed, after all you warranted first person status just the other day But I don't think that is what you mean. I'd say the forum has gone back to normal rather than changed significantly, you signed up in an odd patch so (presuming you weren't reading much before that) your perception is probably a bit skewed.

Cheers
    David

Hello all,

The other thing to mention here is that only 40% of the traffic to Pt hits the forum (Donna might correct me here as she monitors the stats more than I) the 60% hit the non-forum pages like the region sections. The forum software only monitors the forum pages not the rest of the site.

Cheers

Marc

Hi Monid,

I think that the last few days have seen the record number of users broken every day. As such, this does not appear to me to be a one off event.

Regarding the recent departure of Richmastery super investors (and their followers), I suspect that more than Mr Goodey left in a huff (although they might continue to view the fora anonymously). For example, that bloke who builds shacks on the back of sections hasn’t been back, since he was asked a few uncomfortable questions. There was also Richmastery followers such as "Avalon", that I haven't seen around recently? I suppose that you are correct that they could all come back if things flare up again, in rent a mob fashion.

I agree with revdev there are some excellent threads here at the moment. Nonetheless, personally I believe that the change to this site recently is more subtle than just the consolidation of the Richmastery thread (although this certainly helped).

Of course, you say that it was just an “odd patch” when I joined (I had seen this site before, but only looked at it once every six months or so).

I am not so sure. When I arrived here there were 27 pages of Mr Fong’s sales pitch, which was about the most popular thread here, and had been going for years. There didn't seem to be much debate about his sales and marketing pitch. Of course, I was almost banned for having the audacity to ask Mr Fong what he ate for breakfast (super investors are what they eat?).

The big shift I sense here is that these fora have switched from the cult of “positive thinking” to a more balanced and interesting “critical thinking” basis.

Congratulations to all!!!

Regards,
    *poormastery*

Default Record Blown Away Again!

Most users ever online was 352, Yesterday at 10:12 PM.

As Richmastery posters leave the building, the record user count is surpassed yet again!

The record was 320 reached just a week ago - 352 sees this record blitzed!

Congratulations to all!!!

Regards,
    *poormastery*
    Last edited by poormastery; 13-06-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poormastery View Post
    Most users ever online was 352, Yesterday at 10:12 PM.

As Richmastery posters leave the building, the record user count is surpassed yet again!

The record was 320 reached just a week ago - 352 sees this record blitzed!

Comgratulations to all!!!

Regards,
    *poormastery*
    While I agree totally, maybe better in this thread? Well done everybody

Amazing Propertytalk enters a new phase.
    What till the momentum kicks in.

Thread Information