• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LifeBroker View Post
    Any sources?

Don't you trust me?
    Did you search anywhere at all?

Comment

• For someone who was working in Scandinavian banking and insurance services, Willi (aka LifeBroker) has remarkably poor Google data searching skills. But at least I can explain now his total lack of understanding of NZ political climate.

P.S. All "personal" information is taken from LifeBroker's signature, no Treasury hacks were required

Comment

• Wages up 40% - that's wishful thinking. Even with the min. wage increase of less than 10% - 40% is a long way off. A typo perhaps - maybe it was meant to say 'wages up 4%'?

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
          Wages up 40% - that's wishful thinking. Even with the min. wage increase of less than 10% - 40% is a long way off. A typo perhaps - maybe it was meant to say 'wages up 4%'?

cheers,

Donna
          From Stats site -

Median weekly earnings
          2008 730
          2018 997
          Up 36%

Labour productivity on the other hand -

2008 1232
          2018 1360
          Up 10%

Anyone see a problem there?

Comment

Wages up 40% - that's wishful thinking. Even with the min. wage increase of less than 10% - 40% is a long way off. A typo perhaps - maybe it was meant to say 'wages up 4%'?

cheers,

Donna
            Maybe you could flick the Reserve Bank an email and tell them they have a typo in their calculator?

Comment

cheers,

Donna
              Maybe those working in the property sector ?? tradies, RE agents , lawyers and many white-collar workers where you can just pass on the inflation to consumers .... but certainly not in my export focus job ... flat to 4%

Comment

• At my previous job in Telco, I started in 2009 on 120k pa and I quit in 2017 on 115k. In fact one of the reasons for manager to get rid of me quickly was me mentioning that over 8 years my salary adjusted to inflation fell 20%

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                  Maybe you could flick the Reserve Bank an email and tell them they have a typo in their calculator?
                  You believe everything the RBNZ tells you?
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    You believe everything the RBNZ tells you?
                    I believe the figures they publish.
                    Why would you doubt them?
                    Can you show me where they have made a mistake?
                    If they have made a mistake, then I'll believe the corrected figures.
                    So far a few people have doubts about the increase in wages - either front up and back up your doubts with facts or be treated as a dickhead.

Comment

• Seems to be a crisis in finding rentals for refugees. The Herald reports today there are hundreds of refugees stuck at the resettlement centre as there are no rentals for them, state or private.

The government is doubling the refugee intake next year.

Comment

• We took in refugees last year as part of our attempt to give back. We had many local applicants that were worthy of the property. The property was a fully renovated property we'd just spent a lot of time and money renovating.

The refugees came with a certification from some govt department saying they've been trained on living in NZ so had an understanding of how things worked in NZ. The red cross gave them full support furnishing their house with things many of my other tenants couldn't afford to buy for themselves.

It took 6 weeks for them to destroy the place. The govt documents not worth the paper it's written on, the Red Cross support/backing useless.

AVOID taking in refugees at all cost. All the risk is yours, all the costs are yours.

Let the government house them.

Comment

• Taxinda can house couple in her new house plus Dhil can take some

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                            I believe the figures they publish.
                            Why would you doubt them?
                            Can you show me where they have made a mistake?
                            If they have made a mistake, then I'll believe the corrected figures.
                            So far a few people have doubts about the increase in wages - either front up and back up your doubts with facts or be treated as a dickhead.
                            A new low for you Bob.

Well if I'm a dickhed, you're a thickhead. Thick as they come.

I could provide you with info, but you'd never read or listen to it. Or if you do you're too thick to understand it.

I'm putting you on my ignore list now. So I won't read your reply. I know you will reply. Even though I just told you I won't read it. Go on, reply now.
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                              I'm putting you on my ignore list now. So I won't read your reply. I know you will reply. Even though I just told you I won't read it. Go on, reply now.
                              A good move by you.
                              Your blood pressure should improve now.

Comment

• Haha it looks like he did reply!

I can't see it Bob, but hey, reply again if it makes you feel better!!

What a mindless fool.
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X