Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and scared

What I don't understand
    Last edited by geeman; 25-07-2012, 11:17 AM.

if nothing in a week

drop $10

is it advertised on trademe

if so are you keeping an eye on the number of viewers?

the central auckland apartment market is also quiet at the moment

probably typical winter blues
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

1. Unless your house is in a particularly bad area it shouldn't be that quiet. Check out the PM's ads and start nagging daily for info. I have some in really bad letting areas and 4 weeks is extreme. Perhaps it's cold, foggy & icy and no-one wants to move? It will be rented in time, you want a good long term tenant, not a cheap & nasty one. They never stay long for some reason, and can't clean to save themselves.

2. Maybe, but now is probably not the time to change them. Just keep in touch VERY regularly from wherever you are and get family or friends do do a drive by of the house every month or so. If they know you are on to them they will work harder - it's like when the boss is out of the office, slackness creeps in. Human nature. Never never let them have free reign.

3. Make sure you have some idea of what a PM does so you can ask intelligent questions when you are doing your frequent contacting.

4. Leave a decent amount of money in the bank just in case. Once it is rented (and it will probably rent tomorrow) you will wonder why you were so stressed. Happens to me every time.

I love PM's, but 75% of them slack off if they see the chance. The others are too exhausted to take on your place!

Comment

How many views had the trademe had?

Do you want to post a link so we can have a look at it and give some advice.
        NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

Comment

Give us the link to your advert
          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

here's the link

[QUOTE=drelly;282300]Give us the link to your

cheers
            Last edited by geeman; 25-07-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hi geeman, I can't vouch for rental prices or areas in Hamilton, but as a tenant my feedback to you would be that the ad is poorly structured/worded, the photos are well below average, and that its a sloped section so annoying to mow the lawns. Perhaps put it up $10/week and include the lawns in the rent? I would also suggest a new property manager who is able to take better photos to present the property in a better light and word the ad better rather than relying on an automated program to throw up the ad content and mess it up with random symbols making it harder to read.

Oh, and 6 weeks rent is a pretty hefty whack to move in. Maybe advertise for tenants yourself and request 3 weeks bond plus first week in advance, then hand over to property manager to manage the property ongoing. If you have the time to show and vet prospective tenants this should help.

Comment

The photos are terrible. We shouldn't see toothbrushes in the bathroom and old shoes lying around, as well as stuff in the hallways. The lighting is all to cock as well. Pity, because the wall colours aren't all that bad. Why are the curtains hovering 6 inches above the carpet?

Comment

It doesn't say much for Kim Greene's quality control, I have to say.

Comment

Have to agree with the above. I would have left the page at photo #5. Women choose houses and women want a clean house.
                    Last edited by drelly; 25-07-2012, 02:58 PM.
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Seems odd to be advertising other rentals in an add im guessing they charged you for?

Please note that our property managers can assist with all lodge city rentals listings. The property manager for this listing can help with all our other properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Looonie View Post
                        Oh, and 6 weeks rent is a pretty hefty whack to move in. Maybe advertise for tenants yourself and request 3 weeks bond plus first week in advance,
                        The 6 weeks will be 2 weeks in advance rent because it will be for fortnight payments,not weekly. Yes i agree i would drop the bond to 3 weeks and change it to weekly rent that would be only one week in advanced. Plus the point on the sloped hill isnt silly, maybe working mowed lawns into that rent.
                        No offense but ill get a cleaner or maybe just a carpet cleaner, open the whole house up and take some pic on a sunny day with a bit of air and light thru out the house. Remove all cloths, chopping boards, shoes etc anything that isn't a ornament or plant item. I try to rent out homes like im selling it, you have to face facts your in a market and you have rise and better it.

Comment

I was in a similar postion when I did my OE house rented at the last minute to a great tennant.

Comment

What is the Trade Me number?

Hi, the Trade Me listing number seems to have been removed. I'd like to take a look. Could someone re-post the Trade Me listing number. Thanks.

Comment

Hope s/he hasn't taken the constructive criticism to heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X