X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change Hoax??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125883405294859215.html

Climate Emails Stoke Debate

The scientific community is buzzing over thousands of emails and documents -- posted on the Internet last week after being hacked from a prominent climate-change research center -- that some say raise ethical questions about a group of scientists who contend humans are responsible for global warming.
    The correspondence between dozens of climate-change researchers, including many in the U.S., illustrates bitter feelings among those who believe human activities cause global warming toward rivals who argue that the link between humans and climate change remains uncertain.
    Some emails also refer to efforts by scientists who believe man is causing global warming to exclude contrary views from important scientific publications.
    "This is horrible," said Pat Michaels, a climate scientist at the Cato Institute in Washington who is mentioned negatively in the emails. "This is what everyone feared. Over the years, it has become increasingly difficult for anyone who does not view global warming as an end-of-the-world issue to publish papers. This isn't questionable practice, this is unethical."
    In all, more than 1,000 emails and more than 2,000 other documents were stolen Thursday from the Climate Research Unit at East Anglia University in the U.K. The identity of the hackers isn't certain, but the files were posted on a Russian file-sharing server late Thursday, and university officials confirmed over the weekend that their computer had been attacked and said the documents appeared to be genuine.
    Last edited by Marc; 25-11-2009, 12:48 PM.

It was always a hoax Tony, there is no global warning issue :-). Look what they did to David Bellamy when he started exposing it.

Comment

Climate change is a red herring. If it is happening, we have to adapt. Nevertheless climate is dynamic and always shifting.

The real issue is anti-pollution. That is the purpose of the ETS and Kyoto protocol. We are poisoning the planet.

Comment

As soon as it seemed expedient to
        change 'global warming' to 'climate
        change,'
        the issue became rather
        suspect. I wonder if it's been taken
        over by the one-world-global-mega-
        corp government nasties, as a way
        to accelerate their heinous schemes?
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Research done on NIWA figures by a uni research team showed temperatures were manipulated to look like an increase but in reality have been flat for 150 years

Comment

Yeah I don't believe in global warming (being created by people) which is a bit like saying I don't believe in God, back in the middle ages.

I think pollution, over fishing, over population and so on are far more serious problems.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I'm with you Davo

Comment

What ever is happening one thing is for sure, burning up the remnants of our ancestors for the sake of looking like you are in a music video can have dire consequences.

One of these consequences is an imbalance in the delicate synergic relationship between various different forms of molecules. The new balance is not always favorable for all those partaking.

Its only a matter of time before our physical reality catches up with the rot which started in our hearts and minds a long time ago.
                Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                My Website
                Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Totally agree - climate is dynamic - you know the ice ages were real not invented by Disney! Certainly the link between carbon and climate change is far from proved - but you wouldnt know it as its turned into the new religion LOL

Personally as I am moving back to Wgtn soon I would LOVe to believe in global warming - but sadly I don't think I will live to see 30C in Wgtn any time soon!

Any one remember how the world DIDNT end with the y2k computer bug - and no its not becasue the IT guys did such a good job!
                  Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

Originally posted by lissie View Post
                    Totally agree - climate is dynamic - you know the ice ages were real not invented by Disney! Certainly the link between carbon and climate change is far from proved - but you wouldnt know it as its turned into the new religion LOL

Personally as I am moving back to Wgtn soon I would LOVe to believe in global warming - but sadly I don't think I will live to see 30C in Wgtn any time soon!

Any one remember how the world DIDNT end with the y2k computer bug - and no its not becasue the IT guys did such a good job!
                    I recall years ago at intermediate a teacher of mine asserting that Man was unable to effect the climate. However that flies in the face of histroy. Look at the Empires that have fallen due to poor management of the local environment. As I see it waiting to be 100% certain that carbon is creating a problem before acting is the most stupid stance any one can take. This is for the simple reason that once its proved it will be too late to do anything about it.

The principle I think should be applied is we should endeavour to leave the planet to the next generation in a better condition than when we entered it.
                    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Keep up the pressure

Keep up the pressure

I've been posting about this non-stop. That's my latest.
                      Latest breaking news from here:
                      http://neuralnetwriter.cylo42.com/no...5#comment-2204

I encourage everyone to post on any mainstream media outlet you can.
                      Mention climategate.

The lack of MSM coverage is outrageous.

Comment

No wonder certain forumites have an Ostrich as their logo.

I just read Stevenetwriters blog. Seems he doesn't think the Dead sea is loosing water. He says do a search on dead sea falling and you find nothing ( try other search terms and you will have more success eg:

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...3/230803.shtml

The problem is Stevenet writer has never been to the dead sea or if he has he has only been once. I and my family are there at least once every 18 months. Since I first stayed in the Mariot on the shores of the Dead sea ( Jordan) the Marriot has had to extend the steps down to the waters edge (by 3 metres) If The dead sea is not loosing water why is it that Israel and Jordan have been negotiating a massively expensive project that involves pumping Sea water from Aquaba up over the mountains surrounding the port and then running the water down a canal, thorugh a few Hydro plants and a desalination plant before dumping the concentrated Brine ( waste output of the desalination plant) into the dead sea.
                        Last edited by Austrokiwi; 29-11-2009, 10:59 PM.
                        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

What I find so funny about global warming skeptics is that they always seem to be in total denial or desperately trying to find flaws in whatever publications they can get their hands on, or now even leaking emails - it's just hilarious.
                          If you had a solid case then you wouldn't have to merely be picking on your opponent would you...?

You typically don't hear a skeptic saying why they believe humans don't contribute to warming - they just blatantly deny any effect without giving a reason, as already demonstrated by several posters in this thread.
                          So, is it because you guys believe CO2 is not a greenhouse gas?
                          Come on, please enlighten us as to how we are able to suddenly release all the carbon from the fossil fuels which were initially slowly deposited over millions of years, without any effect?
                          Last edited by Rolf; 29-11-2009, 10:09 PM.
                          High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Comment

Unfortunately, for the warmists, there is no real evidence that any actual measurable warming has occurred. The concept is based on mass media bunk, massaged pseado-science, loose facts & 100 million dollar research grants. Some folk have enriched them selves & based their whole careers on AGW. Top politicians & even Her Majesty have nailed their colours to the fable of AGW. As such there is no objectivity in the spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                              Come on, please enlighten us as to how we are able to suddenly release all the carbon from the fossil fuels which were initially slowly deposited over millions of years, without any effect?
                              I think most people will agree it is having an effect.
                              The problem is that some people think it will have a dramatic, life threatening, "the sea will rise by 2 meters next year" effect which is a bit hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X