Building a kitset Sleepout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a kitset Sleepout

Hi everyone im currently looking at buying a kitset sleepout to place on parents property. Ive looked on trademe and have seen one measuring 6 x 3.1 at a cost of 8,000 not including prewire, insulation. The sleepout is only sleeping quarters. Is this a decent price and what pitfalls pros and cons should i be keeping an eye out for. Sleepout is to be placed on piles any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers ness

I am hardly an expert on building. I did purchase one a few years ago after looking at all the options.
    I found it was far cheaper to buy a second hand one.
    I then enjoyed myself with yet again impossible mission transporting it across town then across a river. I got it loaded onto a real heavy trailer with a fork lift. The tricky bit was off loading it from the trailer without the benefit of a fork lift.
    I did another one for a commercial property. It had been constructed on a concrete floor so had to construct a new wooden floor.
    As I recall it all cost less than $4000. At the time the new prices were about what you quote plus tranport costs.
    Generally a sleep out would require a building consent.
    Last edited by Glenn; 19-09-2006, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Glen could you recommend any places, companies that a second hand sleepout could be purchased ? im really only wanting to spend 13,000 max, this is to include everything pre wire etc...

Comment

Originally posted by ness_2 View Post
        Thanks Glen could you recommend any places, companies that a second hand sleepout could be purchased ? im really only wanting to spend 13,000 max, this is to include everything pre wire etc...
        I think I picked up mine out of the local trader buy sell swop newspaper.
        These days the trademe thing is the place. Who knows. Nothing like networking.
        Glenn

Comment

building website

check it out, it might be helpful with recommendations or who not to use!
          S.

Comment

Working...
          X