Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definition of an ex NZFP home. I'm a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of an ex NZFP home. I'm a newbie.

Hi everyone,
    this is my first post. I have been researching NZ property for just a week now, and am planning my first trip in July/August to get a feel from the ground.

Have searched some internet sites, and often see reference to "ex NZFP home". Can anyone shed light as to what this means?

Thanks and i look forward to getting to know some forum members, I am a sponge and thirsty for knowledge!

mccoz

Hi mccoz

NZFP = New Zealand Forest Products.

When NZFP built its pulp mill at Kinleith just out of Tokoroa, they also built a large number of houses for its workers in Tokoroa. Most of these houses were built about 40-50 yrs ago.

In the mid 80s NZFP offered these houses to their workers to buy at very reasonable rates of whom a number of them did.

A number of different plans were used. These homes are obviously situated in the older areas of Tokoroa. Some of the owners have done modifications to them but most of them are still a basic type of house with a generic type of garage.

I live in one of these NZFP houses. It even still has its number.

Let me know when you are in Tokoroa.

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply Muppet,

Yes, thanks for the offer, would love to get in touch when I'm in the area. Would appreciate any advice I can get.

Many of the houses on offer in the Tokoroa area (some of which are ex NZFP are offered around the $100-$150 pw mark. In your opinion, is a rental of $120 a week reasonable for a house of average condition?

mccoz

Comment

Hi Mccoz

Welcome to the forum.

$100-$150 is usual rent. The actual amount depends on location and obviously the lower rent in a lower standard of house and location.

If we rented our house it should get about $160/wk. This is because we have a large double garage, we are in a quiet street and our house has been extended by about 4m at one end.

Rents are generally abit higher than $120/wk these days.

Regards
        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Muppets right on the money here,

As Muppet has said before just like other places in NZ for Tok its location location location. Muppets home is brilliant and id pay $160 a week.

Ted
          It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
          - Babe Ruth

Comment

Thanks Ted and Muppet for your comments.

So, you guys are neighbours...in which part of Tokoroa are you commanding a potential 160pw?

mccoz

Comment

Hi Mccoz

Actually we have one house rented out for $180/wk in the Wai area. Cost $75k.

Our house is in the south west corner very close to Balmoral and Grampian.

Looking at a list of vancies there are two house, one in Philip and one in Manaia wanting tenants at $160/wk. One in Tieke has $175 being asked for. Houses in Tainui and May want $150/wk.
              At the other end of the scale there is a vacant house in Cramond for $80.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X