Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLM's

Hi all

Are any of you involved in a MLM business (multi-level marketing)?

I've been offered to be at the top of the tree for an American telecommunications company coming over here shortly. (end plug) However, I'm unsure how to build this business without annoying my friends and family (ie the bad stigma that seems follow these types of businesses).

I'm interested to find anyone that has run a successful MLM and could give some guidance on promoting it? Who knows, I may join you.

Cheers

Ironman

Personally, I don't like mlm's. When it comes down to it, it's really a numbers game. You have to get as many people as possible in the tree below you for it to work which seems to lower the quality of the whole operation from day one. The actual business viability always seems secondary to the hype; "Wouldn't you like to go on an overseas holiday ever year???" Duh... whatever, now show me your accounts!

When Amway was on a roll, I was approached so many times but unlike buying a business or a property, no one seemed keen to show me their accounts! There were always stories of people making money and I know that some do... but the vast majority don't. I wasn't comfortable making that money at the expense of the people below me.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hi drelly

I've approached people with the idea and I guess it makes sense that no one appreciates you trying to sell them your goals.

Like you said, they sell the dream, but they often lack a product that could sell itself.

I would get involved if I found a MLM that had a great (cheap) product(s) and that had great money making potential in a growth industry.

For example I ask the guy that introduced me to the telecommuncations business to give me the call rates, and he didn't. He just keeps pushing the dream. Which puts me off.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Cheers

Ironman

Comment

Yeah I hate all that hype crap... it just makes them look like charlatans.

There's nothing wrong with most of the products that MLM's sell, it's just that the only way to make real money being involved in it is to sell the concept to as many people as possible rather than focussing on products. They're really just a means to an end.

Unfortunately, the numbers required to make money inevitably means that many if not most of the people who become involved tend to be financially naive and simply not suited to being self employed. Who do you think they will recruit? Their boss? Not likely... they recruit people on the same wavelength or those even more gullible and the whole thing slips into a depressing downward spiral. It's not pretty!

Don't necessarily be put off the telecommunications thing... just get the facts and assess it from there. I think people would be far more likely to be approachable about a mobile phone deal than an Amway-type thing. It's much less intimidating.
        You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hi

I totally agree. I will follow through with this MLM because I can easily combine it with my current job. But, it's just a matter of getting through all the BS hype and to the actual product and it's real value (if it exists)

I think then and only then It will be viable business or not.

Cheers

Ironman

Comment

Working...
          X