Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Gates frustrated with Windows

Hi,

I'm new to the board. Let me start with an e-mail-exchange between Bill Gates and his tech-support at Microsoft that is pretty hilarious (taken from a Seattle blog:

I am quite disappointed at how Windows Usability has been going backwards and the program management groups don't drive usability issues.

Let me give you my experience from yesterday.

I decided to download (Moviemaker) and buy the Digital Plus pack ... so I went to Microsoft.com. They have a download place so I went there.

The first 5 times I used the site it timed out while trying to bring up the download page. Then after an 8 second delay I got it to come up.

This site is so slow it is unusable.

So old Bill is just as frustrated as everyone else!!! You can read more at the seattlepi site. I won't link it, so it doesn't appear like I am advertising the site.

Cheers!

B.

Ha! Signs of a mispent youth.

There seem to be problems emerging with the new PCs and laptops. I decided to upgrade last year, and bought a new Hewlett Packard Pavillion PC, with Vista.

Worked fine for a few months. But then, one day it started slowing down and eventually stopped, with the screen image frozen and the mouse not responding. No problem, I thought. I'll just shut it down and reboot. But when I did this, I got a message saying that the hard disk was going to fail.

So I disconnected the power and went through the usual rigmarole with the manufacturer. Interestingly, when they asked me to do a self-diagnosis test, the computer operated normally - after the power has been disconnected for some days.

Eventually, the hard disk was replaced, and the computer operated normally for about three months. But then, exactly the same thing happened.

And as before, if the power was disconnected for a day or two, the computer would operate normally, but would then descend the "hard disk is going to fail" mode.

I did some research over the internet (using my old computer) and discovered numerous recent references to this problem.

I may have got a dud, but I would be interested to know whether anyone else has had this type of problem with a new PC or laptop.

Comment

Working...
    X