Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always check the email address for spam - worth a laugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always check the email address for spam - worth a laugh!

Hello all,

Have a look at the email that was sent to me about 10 minutes ago- looks exciting espec. the email address where this lovely pre-approval came from!!

Good Day,

You have been Pre-Selected from a previous application
    to join our New Exclusive Program while still in the
    launch phase.

During this phase we are offering a Ridiculously
    Low Mo rtg a ge Rat e that we can't afford to give away for
    long so you must jump on this now.

Please visit the following link to finish up business on a secure site.

Thank You

Quinones
    Senior Consultant
    There was a link provided within the e-mail but it would more than likely be a script kiddies hacked web site. Please never ever click on the links in emails that look so wrong! They will more than likely try to attached bad code to your computer when you go to the web site.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

FCUK as a brand over here is huge
    (it stands for French Connection UK)

They play on their acronym for all advertising and on most merchandise sold too.

Comment

Hello!

Yep! I use to have a FCUK T-Shirt but when then did they start dishing out loans?

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Note in the email the deliberate breaking up of the spelling in a few words. A trick to try and avoid spam filters.

Comment

Hi Guys

Apologies for being the party pooper on the funny forum.

On the issue of spam..every night I go and check my emails, it is 100% full (which is mostly spam and it seems to be getting worse) what can I do about it?

Alot of other important emails are not getting through and I've reached a limit with the amount of addresses I can block.

Cheers

Ironman

Comment

Hello!

Have a look at what www.death2spam.com are doing. The service is free - they filter your email mail box.

The only thing being free is that sometimes your mail takes a while to get through but t does an awesome job of getting rid of spam.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc

Thanks, Ill give it a burl tonight.

Cheers

Ironman

Comment

Hi Mr Ironman

You can try http://www.mailwasher.net It is a program that allows you to see what your mail is and delete it before actually downloading it.

Regards
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Or, if you have a POP3 account, you could try POPFile.

I've never used it, but I've heard it's pretty good.

GP

Comment

I second the use of mailwasher. very good program sold internationally and written here in NZ chch. the free version is fully functional but the pro version is even better.

although alot of Isp providers like ihug , xtra etc now offer spam filtering with there service free.

Comment

Spam E-Mail

Hi All,

My vote goes for mailwasher too...

The spammers got my e-mail address long ago and I usually have to junk approx 160 spams per day.

Don't want to change my e-mail address because it is tied up with my wifes webiste and all that sort of stuff.

So mailwasher cuts down the ammount of crap I have to wade thruough each day.

Cheers, Barry
                      Mistakes are just another tool for learning

Comment

Don't most ISPs offer a spam filtering service now?

My two do, and I get bothered by about 5 spams a day that get through the filtering.

cube
                        DFTBA

Comment

Spam

Hi Cube,

So how do you go on with receiving e-mails from people who are not on your OK'd list?

For example, people like the NZ valuers that I just phoned up and asked for a property valuation from and gave them my standard e-mail address to send the valuation thru to?

When it came thru even mail washer classified it as a possible spam... So I had to OK it manually.

I just dont want to miss any important e-mails because I have left the decision as to whether it is important or not to a e-mail filtering robot.

Cheers, Barry.
                          Mistakes are just another tool for learning

Comment

I rely on Xtra to delete spam without my seeing it - I'm not aware of any 'real' e-mails that have been caught.

Netsmart send the e-mails through tagged [SPAM], which Outlook sends straight to the Deleted folder - I check them occasionally, but haven't seen anything dodgy.

Most interesting is Outlook's own 'Junk Mail' filter - it picks up just about everything sent to my partner who is the Treasurer for the church, and most e-mails contain a '$' somewhere, so get a big thumbs down from Bill and co and M$, which is somewhat ironic.!

cube
                            DFTBA

Comment

Working...
                            X