Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    What rates were you on?
    All my lending currently on 2.39 so it won’t be a huge drop for me when I refix but definitely will be fixing short.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

What rates were you on?
      Various under 3%

Comment

• If short term rates increase in a few years so will rent, I'm not worried , I have liquidity and so should many prepared lord's of the land.

It's what you do with your excess cash/capital that matters..

Comment

• A South Auckland property development has gone into receivership leaving people who had signed contracts for hundreds of new homes "in the lurch" and panicking about their future.

I'd be very cautious about buying of the plans new builds with the current commodity price squeeze what you agreed to paying won't work in a hyperinflation environment.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lumber
          https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/copper

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
            A South Auckland property development has gone into receivership leaving people who had signed contracts for hundreds of new homes "in the lurch" and panicking about their future.

I'd be very cautious about buying of the plans new builds with the current commodity price squeeze what you agreed to paying won't work in a hyperinflation environment.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lumber
            https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/copper
            Interesting as I was thinking the same, so much cost increase for new builds now that it makes even more sense to buy a run down dunger and do it up!
            Last edited by Frezzinghot; 08-05-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Interesting as I was thinking the same, so much cost increase for new builds now that it makes even more sense to buy a run down dunger and do it up cheap!
              I have a large townhouse which I am going to convert to a 4 bedder, it will give me an extra 100pw week for about a 10k investment. Makes sense to add value rather than build me thinks.

Comment

U.S 10yr Treas ylds 1.62% +2.3 bp in front of Friday’s Apr jobs report (+995K new payrolls exp), which could trigger new Fed tapering talks.

This could hopefully begin a market sell off and hopefully a Bitcoin crash, because Jeffa want more,..no Jeffa need more because greed is good... greed very good, you want to play McDee? No? Okay,You survive of you're pention and 2minute noodles..

While Jeffa be getting drunk in Ho Chi Minh city fighting with Australians.
                Not Yet

Hiring was a huge letdown in April, with nonfarm payrolls increasing by a much less than expected 266,000 and the unemployment rate rose to 6.1% amid an escalating shortage of available workers.

Nearly all estimates had been for 1 million new jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.8%.

So what does that mean?

imminent rate increase off the table
                More stimulus

numbers may mean potentially lack of workers OR
                No one wants to work when you pay them more than they can earn at work

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSky View Post

Not Yet

Hiring was a huge letdown in April, with nonfarm payrolls increasing by a much less than expected 266,000 and the unemployment rate rose to 6.1% amid an escalating shortage of available workers.

Nearly all estimates had been for 1 million new jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.8%.

So what does that mean?

imminent rate increase off the table
                  More stimulus

numbers may mean potentially lack of workers OR
                  No one wants to work when you pay them more than they can earn at work
                  Yep I was surprised by that, it means more manipulation.

Why work when you're paid to stay home?

Comment

Yep I was surprised by that, it means more manipulation.

Why work when you're paid to stay home?
                    Houses are earning so much more than people these days.
                    That's got to kill motivation and productivity.

Also the weakening of the Unions over the decades, resulting in terrible pay and conditions.
                    Organizations also actively reducing costs by cutting out middle management positions.
                    So that their management skills and pressures are shunted down to minimum wage earners.
                    Or totally ignored, resulting in waste and frustration through disorganization and inefficiency.
                    While imbedded boomers hide in upper management, behind fudged numbers or healthy blamestorming sessions,
                    or "well wait and see" tactics..
                    You know this,
                    You must remember what your last kiwi workplace was like.

Comment

• Yeah McDee I was well paid in middle management but it pales in comparison too how much my networth increased over the past year (tax free capital gains) Property, shares, cryptocurrencies.

But hey, if you want to pay your union fees to negotiate an extra dollar or two an hour go for it ..just don't forget to pay your tax.

Let's see ..I made more by doing less or realistically not much at all

Works for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post

Houses are earning so much more than people these days.
                        That's got to kill motivation and productivity.

Also the weakening of the Unions over the decades, resulting in terrible pay and conditions.
                        Organizations also actively reducing costs by cutting out middle management positions.
                        So that their management skills and pressures are shunted down to minimum wage earners.
                        Or totally ignored, resulting in waste and frustration through disorganization and inefficiency.
                        While imbedded boomers hide in upper management, behind fudged numbers or healthy blamestorming sessions,
                        or "well wait and see" tactics..
                        You know this,
                        You must remember what your last kiwi workplace was like.

I see April year to date property prices is still climbing, but for how long is anyone’s guess. I do like the thought of earning while you sleep, it beats having to grind away every day in the day job, I’m even thinking of starting a small business on the side using tools I have on hand through my property investing, may as well leverage what I have at home to make more money.

Comment

I see April year to date property prices is still climbing,
                          The yield curve is being controlled or manipulated by the beast.

The U.S 10 year treasury has been heading down since mid April.

This is forcing down short term interest rates and holding up house prices and the markets.

This along with the 3 year wage freeze on the public sector is an attempt to keep inflation in check.

Comment

The yield curve is being controlled or manipulated by the beast.

The U.S 10 year treasury has been heading down since mid April.

This is forcing down short term interest rates and holding up house prices and the markets.

This along with the 3 year wage freeze on the public sector is an attempt to keep inflation in check.
                            This isn't good for lord's of the land, this may incur the wrath of queen Cindy and force more communist regulations on Donna.

Satan's lieutenant has already indicated a 50% LVR for lord's who control the land.

Protect yourself against the beast.... JEFFA has.

Comment

This isn't good for lord's of the land, this may incur the wrath of queen Cindy and force more communist regulations on Donna.

Satan's lieutenant has already indicated a 50% LVR for lord's who control the land.

Protect yourself against the beast.... JEFFA has.
                              Enlighten us as to how ?

Comment

• Liquidity and diversification.

Comment

Working...
                                X