Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    Pretty good, going to raise them soon as well
    Yeah I have plenty of cashflow with plenty of liquidity in shares so can even leave them empty for a couple of years.
    Robertson might want to be careful what he says because any talk of a rental price freeze will panic the market and trigger a fire sale in rentals, that will definitely crash the housing market and economy as well. I'm thinking of all those cashed up investors ready to pounce lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      Yeah I have plenty of cashflow with plenty of liquidity in shares so can even leave them empty for a couple of years.
      Robertson might want to be careful what he says because any talk of a rental price freeze will panic the market and trigger a fire sale in rentals, that will definitely crash the housing market and economy as well. I'm thinking of all those cashed up investors ready to pounce lol.
      I just will not fold, I have invested 15yrs to build my portfolio and I don’t want to relinquish any further gains for this, if I’m spooked imagine what the newbie is thinking.
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

I just will not fold, I have invested 15yrs to build my portfolio and I don’t want to relinquish any further gains for this, if I’m spooked imagine what the newbie is thinking.
        I wouldn't be spooked. Remember who really controls this country, the central bank.
        I wouldn't mind interest rates in the low 1 percentage and some property bargains !

You'll be fine FH .

Comment

I wouldn't be spooked. Remember who really controls this country, the central bank.
          I wouldn't mind interest rates in the low 1 percentage and some property bargains !

You'll be fine FH .
          I’m a worrier by nature Jeffa, I need to know everything is running smoothly, it seems every bloody week this government is tinkering and changed shit to suit their narrative. Anyway most common sense people can see right through them so I hope they get what’s coming to them.

Comment

, I need to know everything is running smoothly, it seems every bloody week this government is tinkering and changed shit to suit their narrative.
            No .not everything in your investment journey is going to run smoothly, that's just not how life works.

Just learn, prepare, sidestep or push on through FH.

I'm 46 this year and I'm not going to worry about government's policy's I can't control.

You need to be ready to take advantage of any possible deal's coming up,if not build up a LOC to get through.

The government is shaking out the weak which will only leave the strong standing.

Comment

No .not everything in your investment journey is going to run smoothly, that's just not how life works.

Just learn, prepare, sidestep or push on through FH.

I'm 46 this year and I'm not going to worry about government's policy's I can't control.

You need to be ready to take advantage of any possible deal's coming up,if not build up a LOC to get through.

The government is shaking out the weak which will only leave the strong standing.
              The great thing is I have Plenty off equity now, if I cannot buy in the next few months I could load up a 300k LOC as a buffer, but ideally I want to buy another. It will be subject to the new rules but at least it increases my asset base and I become wealthier by having more potential capital growth.

Comment

The great thing is I have Plenty off equity now, if I cannot buy in the next few months I could load up a 300k LOC as a buffer, but ideally I want to buy another. It will be subject to the new rules but at least it increases my asset base and I become wealthier by having more potential capital growth.

Comment

It might be the time to start to diversify your portfolio FH.

In my numbers and most likely other property investors numbers you will get better returns in stocks, You can already get 6% yield in property stocks which is better than rental property at the moment.
                  I'll look into that if I need cash flow but at the moment I'm tech heavy and commodities.

If you don't understand stand stocks I recommend find a good share advisor and explain your short and long term goal.

It's the same as paying a property manager to look after your rental investment's.

uncertainty in the sharemarkets is the same as uncertainty in the housing market.

I put a lot of money in stocks and unfortunately I think that will out perform my NZ property portfolio for the next few years any way.

Just a thought FH I'm not giving you financial advice.
                  Last edited by Jeffa; 29-03-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• The government is basically telling the world there is going to be a rent cap..lol.

You best to behave you naughty landlords!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...media-campaign

Comment

It might be the time to start to diversify your portfolio FH.

In my numbers and most likely other property investors numbers you will get better returns in stocks, You can already get 6% yield in property stocks which is better than rental property at the moment.
                      I'll look into that if I need cash flow but at the moment I'm tech heavy and commodities.

If you don't understand stand stocks I recommend find a good share advisor and explain your short and long term goal.

It's the same as paying a property manager to look after your rental investment's.

uncertainty in the sharemarkets is the same as uncertainty in the housing market.

I put a lot of money in stocks and unfortunately I think that will out perform my NZ property portfolio for the next few years any way.

Just a thought FH I'm not giving you financial advice.
                      Even on new builds interest deductibility may only have a limited time frame because there not new after 5 years. Depending on the government narrative.

Going-forward this inforces my opinion return on property may not be as good as shares.

However a full section 47 McAnnalley Street, Manurewa sold for $1,000,3000 (rv$630,000) today.

crazy day's indeed.

Comment

Even on new builds interest deductibility may only have a limited time frame because there not new after 5 years. Depending on the government narrative.

Going-forward this inforces my opinion return on property may not be as good as shares.

However a full section 47 McAnnalley Street, Manurewa sold for $1,000,3000 (rv$630,000) today.

crazy day's indeed.
                        Yes, you will be equity rich, and cashflow poor.

Comment

crazy day's indeed.
                          This just means we need to focus on the present and whatever we can do today will dictate the future no matter how hard it gets.

Comment

• Although I don't trust bank economist this isn't good. The government may come after established investors like Jeffa...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...hikes-possible

Comment

Although I don't trust bank economist this isn't good. The government may come after established investors like Jeffa...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...hikes-possible
                              One thing is to sell everything and realise your growth, but then you have to park it somewhere else. Stock market/commodities etc, problem is it’s new and you will have to learn a whole new investment vehicle, I’d need help with this one.

Comment

• Or start a profitable business with the funds!

Comment

Working...
                                X