• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
    https://www.independent.ie/business/...-40237144.html

Ireland.

Housing crisis: Building ban and savings to send house prices soaring

And with construction at an already low level, combined with a savings glut, this risks f orcing prices even further out of reach, the ESRI has warned.

With would-be buyers chasing fewer homes, tougher Central Bank rules may be needed to curb runaway prices,
    So what was a down market in Ireland now is a boom, it is happening everywhere now!
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Due
      Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      Builders are at risk of going under as Mitre 10, Bunnings, and ITM face a dire shortage of building timber after Carter Holt Harvey's decision to cut its supplies to the three companies because of accelerated house construction.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...Z64AAF26WIRU4/

This is all connected with those that control the money supply and commodities.
      Yes true, meanwhile all existing stock go up in value due to supply and demand, I was in Resenes yesterday talking to the retail assistant and she was saying the same thing, there is supply issues for their raw material and said it was ships having to wait in the harbour docks!

massive problem if you need paint to finish a new build or renovation!

Comment

Question everything.
        So what's the conspiracy?

Comment

• There seems to be a lot of blame game on this forum which is understandable,personally I see it as a sign of weakness or I'm a victim mentality.

The average loss of cashflow for new investors will be about $150 pw not established investors.
          For established investors I would say an average of about 40pw.
          Can the market take a 150pw increase today?, unlikely.
          Can the market take a 50pw increase today? Yes.Why? the accommodation supplement. Let's not forget this is a left wing government with a rental shortage and doesn't want to house anymore people in motels.

As for a new investor can they stomach $100 pw until rents catch up or they pay down debt? When I was still working,yes easily. Sacrifice for your future.
          Who will benefit ?
          Those like myself with low or no leverage and high cashflow. I will likely profit the excess from the rental increase.

rents eventually catch up in say 2025 rental property becomes profitable again and the cycle starts again. And yes rents will go up with inflation due to "possible " interest rates rises then.

House prices will continue to increase so don't expect a tory government to add fuel to the fire and reverse these changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

So what's the conspiracy?
            It was blocked purposely to hold up supplies. Oil was on board as well.
            Saudi Arabia had one of there oil refineries missile attacked by a drone at the same time which wasn't widely reported .

U.S is oddly quiet on that .

These events will trickle down to commodities and yes asset prices including new build house prices around the world.
            Last edited by Jeffa; 28-03-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

It was blocked purposely to hold up supplies. Oil was on board as well.
              Saudi Arabia had one of there oil refineries missile attacked by a drone at the same time which wasn't widely reported .

U.S is oddly quiet on that .

These events will trickle down to commodities and yes asset prices including new build house prices around the world.
              At least that is a conspiracy unlike most posts on this thread lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

At least that is a conspiracy unlike most posts on this thread lately.
                Its not a conspiracy its a fact, like all my information I pass on.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of blame game on this forum which is understandable,personally I see it as a sign of weakness or I'm a victim mentality.

The average loss of cashflow for new investors will be about $150 pw not established investors.
                  For established investors I would say an average of about 40pw.
                  Can the market take a 150pw increase today?, unlikely.
                  Can the market take a 50pw increase today? Yes.Why? the accommodation supplement. Let's not forget this is a left wing government with a rental shortage and doesn't want to house anymore people in motels.

As for a new investor can they stomach $100 pw until rents catch up or they pay down debt? When I was still working,yes easily. Sacrifice for your future.
                  Who will benefit ?
                  Those like myself with low or no leverage and high cashflow. I will likely profit the excess from the rental increase.

rents eventually catch up in say 2025 rental property becomes profitable again and the cycle starts again. And yes rents will go up with inflation due to "possible " interest rates rises then.

House prices will continue to increase so don't expect a tory government to add fuel to the fire and reverse these changes.
                  For new investors a loss of $150pw is not insignificant, if they brought 2 houses recently it $300, can they afford to keep them or will we see these come on the market very soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                    For new investors a loss of $150pw is not insignificant, if they brought 2 houses recently it $300, can they afford to keep them or will we see these come on the market very soon?
                    Maybe,but I doubt it, the banks will have already stressed tested them at possibly 5 to 7 percent interest rates so it will be up to them if they decide to sell. They will also know once its sold its going to be very difficult to get financing to buy again..so my gut feeling there will be minimal mortgagee sales.
                    Last edited by Jeffa; 28-03-2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Westpac and Tony Alexander says there's a 10% fall coming but I just can't see it.

Sacrifice hundreds of thousands of future capital gains and rental growth for short term cashflow of a few thousand per year doesn't make sense,and if they do sell they most likely didn’t know what they were doing in the first place.

I think they're 10% decline is based on property investors not buying for the rest of the year.

first time home buyers and homeowners are going to hold up the market,and if interest rates go lower?
                      Last edited by Jeffa; 28-03-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...robertson-says

Comment

• POSSIBLE RENT FREEZE COMING!!

How's your cashflow FH?

Comment

POSSIBLE RENT FREEZE COMING!!

How's your cashflow FH?
                            Pretty good, going to raise them soon as well

Comment

• The story is misleading, they say 30% rent increases, they don't say 30% over 4/5 years. That's about 7% a year year or 30 to 50 bucks. If landlords be silly they will introduce a increase cap.
                              Last edited by Jeffa; 28-03-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

The story is misleading, they say 30% rent increases, they don't say 30% over 4/5 years. That's about 7% a year year or 30 to 50 bucks. If landlords be silly they will introduce a increase cap.
                                Yes the best thing we can do is increase incrementally and not in big lump sums

Comment

Working...
                                X