No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have also been thinking, will I care what rents are doing if my entire property portfolio has doubled in 5-7yrs time? Will I be thinking of the latest tax deductibility changes??
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
      I have also been thinking, will I care what rents are doing if my entire property portfolio has doubled in 5-7yrs time? Will I be thinking of the latest tax deductibility changes??
      Haha ! Cash flow is always important especially for holding on long term to get you through strange time's like now,if you can set aside 10 or 20k for your next buy, it's a good buffer that's why I don't even care about government's policy's.Rent will eventually make up for any losses over the next few years.
      Steve Goodie was saying rents will increase 100$ per week soon.. that's Abit much for any tenant to swallow.. I'm thinking of average of maybe 50 per week for the next 4 years..then boom! Inflation time!!

Comment

• I still think average rent is going to hit $1000 per week mid decade . commodities are pushing everything higher and all that new printed money isn't even all in the economy yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

Haha ! Cash flow is always important especially for holding on long term to get you through strange time's like now,if you can set aside 10 or 20k for your next buy, it's a good buffer that's why I don't even care about government's policy's.Rent will eventually make up for any losses over the next few years.
          Steve Goodie was saying rents will increase 100$ per week soon.. that's Abit much for any tenant to swallow.. I'm thinking of average of maybe 50 per week for the next 4 years..then boom! Inflation time!!
          Yes cash is so important, I like the feeling of 100-200k as a LOC which I used to have but buying more properties eroded some of that away, as you say putting aside a buffer is definitely a backstop, I’m looking at saving a bit aside if I can get the deal of a lifetime in the next few months, we’ll see what markets are like and get out there to haggle a deal.

Comment

On tonights GRA seminar with Mathew Gilligan, he recommended if you are buying after the 27th March that we buy new builds, and if you cannot afford the 2nd hand stock to sell it now rather than wait for a market correction.
            That's a strange comment from them saying to sell instead of waiting for a correction, I don't doubt some investors will struggle but it's hard to see a big correction coming soon with interest rates so low and then RBNZ most likely to step in to hold up house prices if it did occur.I see a leveling out and rent increases but not dramatically like $100 pw.

The government is buying time to build more house's before immigration starts again,house prices will continue to rise just over the decade.

Government's come and go but the one thing that remains true is house prices always double over the 7 year cycle in the big cities.

Comment

• The UK removed interest deductible tax breaks as well there house prices slowed but the only difference was at the time interest rates were higher than today's rates.

House prices in the UK have skyrocketed like all western countries with central banks following the same narrative. lower interest rates, inflate asset prices , place the wealth into the hands of a few.The strong minded will do very well owning multiple properties.

I'll call Adrians bluff.. will he lower interest rates again after the weak have sold?

The system is designed to transfer wealth from one to another... including weak landlords to strong landlords.
              Last edited by Jeffa; 26-03-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

That's a strange comment from them saying to sell instead of waiting for a correction, I don't doubt some investors will struggle but it's hard to see a big correction coming soon with interest rates so low and then RBNZ most likely to step in to hold up house prices if it did occur.I see a leveling out and rent increases but not dramatically like $100 pw.

The government is buying time to build more house's before immigration starts again,house prices will continue to rise just over the decade.

Government's come and go but the one thing that remains true is house prices always double over the 7 year cycle in the big cities.
                Yes I found this astonishing that Mathew was saying this, it was almost as if he was saying if you can move to new builds better to do it now than later when everyone else was selling, I’d hate to sell my portfolio now as it took so much time and effort to build, maybe a new build moving forward but selling my current stock now has a big cost, time, selling costs, more time finding new builds.

im taking stock to think before rushing to the door!
                Last edited by Frezzinghot; 26-03-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Yes I found this astonishing that Mathew was saying this, it was almost as if he was saying if you can move to new builds better to do it now than later when everyone else was selling, I’d hate to seek my portfolio now as it took so much time and effort to build, maybe a new build moving forward but selling my current stock now has a big cost, time, selling costs, more time finding new builds.

im taking stock to think before rushing to the door!
                  If you're not being forced to sell then don't, always question everything and everyone..who stand's to benefit.

Corelogic:

“It certainly helps to improve financial stability, by ensuring that investors put in more equity in order to keep interest costs low – that may benefit experienced investors at the expense of newer landlords, and could see the ownership of rental properties slowly become more concentrated.”

There saying rental property may be pushed into the hands of a few.. wealth transfer.

Comment

If you're not being forced to sell then don't, always question everything and everyone..who stand's to benefit.

Corelogic:

“It certainly helps to improve financial stability, by ensuring that investors put in more equity in order to keep interest costs low – that may benefit experienced investors at the expense of newer landlords, and could see the ownership of rental properties slowly become more concentrated.”

There saying rental property may be pushed into the hands of a few.. wealth transfer.
                    Yes I see the connection, maybe this happening now could actually help me secure some really good deals and yields, I’m not about to throw out the baby with the bath water. Rather than wait and be prepared to move, after all he who controls the flow of money Controls their destiny, or something like that!

Comment

• I own property in South Auckland and if more 1st home buyers move in I see that as a good thing. They will only take care of there homes and push up the value of the neighborhood.

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/first...-1m-plus-39172

Auctioneer Rob Tulp said the auction room at Ray White Manukau on Thursday night was the fullest he had ever seen it.

Comment

Yes I see the connection, maybe this happening now could actually help me secure some really good deals and yields, I’m not about to throw out the baby with the bath water. Rather than wait and be prepared to move, after all he who controls the flow of money Controls their destiny, or something like that!
                        Graeme Fowler:

But he wasn’t planning to sell up as he loved working with property. “I’ll just focus on cash flow even more. So I won’t be going into new builds, although they are exempt from the changes, as the cash flow isn’t great"

"Maybe it will mean just paying the extra, or it could be reducing residential lending down and putting it into commercial property which has better yields anyway, or even just selling down enough properties to be debt free.”

Having a large and diversified asset base allows you to breeze through the current situations.
                        Last edited by Jeffa; 27-03-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• There's more to this story than is being reported.
                          Its a control and supply issue. The U.S. is struggling to compete with China.

China is buying up all plywood,

Inflation is the end result flowing to house prices.
                          I'm very cautious on new builds having a better cash flow than existing stock.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ederation-says
                          Last edited by Jeffa; 27-03-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• https://www.independent.ie/business/...-40237144.html

Ireland.

Housing crisis: Building ban and savings to send house prices soaring

And with construction at an already low level, combined with a savings glut, this risks f orcing prices even further out of reach, the ESRI has warned.

With would-be buyers chasing fewer homes, tougher Central Bank rules may be needed to curb runaway prices,
                            Last edited by Jeffa; 27-03-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Question everything.

Comment

• Builders are at risk of going under as Mitre 10, Bunnings, and ITM face a dire shortage of building timber after Carter Holt Harvey's decision to cut its supplies to the three companies because of accelerated house construction.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...Z64AAF26WIRU4/

This is all connected with those that control the money supply and commodities.

Comment

Working...
                                X