Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

I

Not all asset classes move as one, if you can't afford to buy property right now there are other investments to increase your purchasing..
    When is a car not an asset, if it goes up in value is it really going up in value? It’s not bringing in an income and other commodities are also going up? Talking classic one of a kind type of cars.
    Last edited by Frezzinghot; 24-02-2021, 09:10 AM.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• 68 Monaro is an asset.

2021 Ford Raptor is a liability.

But if you're thinking of spending 70 to 100k on a classic car which can hold its value, you will find investing that amount of money in other assets will get a better return, but everyone to there own.

You need to factor in maintenance repairs,insurance, gas cost...so although it will hold its value you may find over time it can be costly.

Although a mate of mine has a couple of Monaros in a sealed shipping container somewhere out Waiuku..there probably worth 250k , but I'd still prefer to have that money in shares, gold or BTC.

Comment

​ New Zealand house prices were stable pre 71 before tricky dicky Richard Nixon changed the western world..including me,we moved from Ponsonby to a state house in South Auckland in 1975...because house prices were to expensive and rents were increasing big time in the 70s.The wealth transfer began when I was born..
        • The Nixon Shock was an economic policy shift undertaken by President Nixon to prioritize the United States' economic growth in terms of jobs and exchange rate stability.
        • The Nixon Shock effectively led to the end of the Bretton Woods Agreement and the convertibility of U.S. dollars into gold.
        • The Nixon Shock was the catalyst for the stagflation of the 1970s as the U.S. dollar devalued.
        McDuck you seem extremely intelligent.

However I am confused why you focus solely on the RBNZ as who is to blame .

There are many at fault but if you broaden your vision across nations and time you will see how and why this wealth transfer and "housing crisis" is happening and will continue to happen under a liberal capitalist or progressive government and even a polynesian, green,te reo speaking sympathizer reserve bank governor will simply follow there true master's will.

The whole system is corrupt, the RBNZ is merely a spoke in the wheel.

Comment

• The equities market sold off today on Wall Street, like the housing market it's designed to take money from the hands of the weak.

I probably bought too much today but greed can do that to you.

I Buy real estate on sale I buy shares ,btc on sale and gold.

This frase is a little over simplified but Investing isn't really that hard it's a matter of buying when everyone else is scared selling.
          Last edited by Jeffa; 24-02-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• jeffas encyclopedia of investing

chapter one.

Buy quality assets on sale,

chapter two

do nothing else,

if you can do chapter two you have succeeded.

The end.

Comment

68 Monaro is an asset.

2021 Ford Raptor is a liability.

But if you're thinking of spending 70 to 100k on a classic car which can hold its value, you will find investing that amount of money in other assets will get a better return, but everyone to there own.

You need to factor in maintenance repairs,insurance, gas cost...so although it will hold its value you may find over time it can be costly.

Although a mate of mine has a couple of Monaros in a sealed shipping container somewhere out Waiuku..there probably worth 250k , but I'd still prefer to have that money in shares, gold or BTC.
              Although I’d like a nice car, I feel the money best spent elsewhere, a “CAR” guy will always tell you the car goes up in value, but it brings in little cashflow in the while that you hold it.

i felt the whole debate needed to be looked into as it is an asset or not.
              "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post

Although I’d like a nice car, I feel the money best spent elsewhere, a “CAR” guy will always tell you the car goes up in value, but it brings in little cashflow in the while that you hold it.

i felt the whole debate needed to be looked into as it is an asset or not.
                For me its not.

Comment

• Understand who's really controlling NZ house prices and how...

Comment

Understand who's really controlling NZ house prices and how...
                    RBNZ: Sees inflation at 2.5% in 2Q 2021

Meeting CPI, jobs targets will take considerable time

Committee agreed to look through temporary price shifts -

Comment

• Members noted the FLP will continue to lower bank funding costs, even if international wholesale borrowing costs rise. The Committee noted that the decline in bank funding costs provides banks with scope to further reduce interest rates for household and businesses. The Committee agreed it expects to see the full pass-through of lower funding costs to borrowing rates, and it will closely monitor progress

Comment

• Overall, the Committee agreed that the risks to the economic outlook are balanced, in large part due to the anticipated prolonged period of monetary stimulus. The Committee reflected on the international experience of central banks following the Global Financial Crisis. The Committee agreed that it was important to be confident about the sustainability of an economic recovery before reducing monetary stimulus. Some members also reflected on the extended period of below-target inflation in many countries, including New Zealand, prior to the pandemic.

The Committee agreed that, in line with its least regrets framework, it would not change the stance of monetary policy until it had confidence that it is sustainably achieving the consumer price inflation and employment objectives. The Committee expects that gaining this confidence will take considerable time and patience. While doing so, the Committee agreed to look through any temporary factors driving prices as required by the Remit, and noted that there will be periods during which inflation will be above the 2 percent target midpoint.

Comment

• The Committee assessed a negative OCR and the LSAP programme against its Principles for Alternative Monetary Policy. The Committee agreed that it was prepared to lower the OCR to provide additional stimulus if required.

Comment

• The Committee agreed to continue with the LSAP programme with purchases of up to $100 billion by June 2022. The Committee also endorsed staff continuing to adjust weekly bond purchases as appropriate

Comment

• On Wednesday 24 February, the Committee reached a consensus to:
                              • hold the OCR at 0.25 percent;
                              • maintain the existing LSAP programme of a maximum of $100 billion by June 2022; and
                              • maintain the existing FLP conditions.
                              JEFFA READS HOUSE PRICES TO THE MOON!

Comment

• Our NZD will now likely hit 0.74 USD...I'm going on a long cheap holiday somewhere overseas if our dollar hits $0.80c usd when our borders open.

Comment

Working...
                                X