Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it take to feel rich?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What does it take to feel rich?

    This thread has evloved from a discussion Wayne and I were having elsewhere.

    http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...=18235&page=18

    What does it take to feel rich?

    For many of us the definition may be when we become millionaires r even multi millionaires however since only 1.5% of Ozzies are millionaires and only 4% of Americans are, this can't be the way to define when you "feel" rich.

    For me I became a millionaire by definition many years ago and have tried hard to reach the next level however the time I truly feel rich is when I have my little boy snoozing on my chest and my wife cuddled up under my arm and I am watching tele in our very modest house at Mount Maunganui.

    What do others think?
    Last edited by tpr2; 31-10-2008, 02:00 PM. Reason: added thread.

  • #2
    Rich is in my opinion a financial thing.

    Being rich is not concerned about money as you know you have enough. Therefore it is relative based on what you spend.

    Being wealthy is not having to worry as you know you have more than enough (ie. never need to work again).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
      For me I became a millionaire by definition many years ago and have tried hard to reach the next level however the time I truly feel rich is when I have my little boy snoozing on my chest and my wife cuddled up under my arm and I am watching tele in our very modest house at Mount Maunganui.

      What do others think?
      Well I can relate to that, but sometimes after a hard day I want to collapse on the couch, and my little 2yo wants to play and wont take no for an answer. Then I dont feel so rich! But that is about energy and time. If I had my current income with twice the time to enjoy it, then I would be rich.

      Comment


      • #4
        lol......... I feel that Jumpin, at 5.45am when Bailey wants to play with Thomas the Tank engine and Daddy only went to bed at 3am because he was working (or posting on PT) it's rather disconcerting to get a little tap on the head and that little voice saying wake up daddy its daytime.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Rich is in my opinion a financial thing.

          Being rich is not concerned about money as you know you have enough. Therefore it is relative based on what you spend.

          Being wealthy is not having to worry as you know you have more than enough (ie. never need to work again).
          Is it about money though? I know many 'poor' people who are rich (as per Terry's deffinition - they enjoy what little they have together in relative happiness (happy for them)) whereas I also know 'rich' people who are miserable. They need all the money they can get to fund the life they don't enjoy. They are trapped and don't know how to escape - are they really 'rich'?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
            lol......... I feel that Jumpin, at 5.45am when Bailey wants to play with Thomas the Tank engine and Daddy only went to bed at 3am because he was working (or posting on PT) it's rather disconcerting to get a little tap on the head and that little voice saying wake up daddy its daytime.
            wait till they are older and the battle is to get them out of bed. Life seemed so simple when they were younger.

            Comment


            • #7
              My Mum and Dad were a classic example of people being rich but not Wealthy.

              They had great relationships with family and friends and their boys made them proud of the way they had bought up their children (mostly except for a few wild years as teenagers).

              They never worried about money because they had great money habits. They never earnt a lot but they were always generous with everything they had including their time.

              Nice role models.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                My Mum and Dad were a classic example of people being rich but not Wealthy.
                maybe that is the right deferentiation - rich life and wealthy money

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                  They never worried about money because they had great money habits. They never earnt a lot but they were always generous with everything they had including their time.

                  Nice role models.
                  and the legacy continues to the next generation

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In this sense you often see rich unwealthy people on the TV on programs like the garden makeover - people who spend all their time on others and when it comes time to have time spent on them there are dozens of friends to help.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks Wayne.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Being rich is about having money not having good morals or nice family or smiling all day or helping a old lady cross road, thats being furfilled or happy or whatever you want to call it, has nothing to do with being rich.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So whats your definition of being rich sudafed.

                          Thats the concept of this thread, the oppotunity to define what they call rich.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            Is it about money though? I know many 'poor' people who are rich (as per Terry's deffinition - they enjoy what little they have together in relative happiness (happy for them)) whereas I also know 'rich' people who are miserable. They need all the money they can get to fund the life they don't enjoy. They are trapped and don't know how to escape - are they really 'rich'?
                            There is being rich, and being happy. The two are not the same.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I borrowed this but it is how I feel

                              Rich is: the ability to do whatever I want whenever I want with whomever I want wherever I want.

                              The only caveat is: it's not all about "me" as some people won't want to do these things with me, but if "I" have the ability to do it I can.
                              Last edited by outspoken; 31-10-2008, 07:50 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X