Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpr2
    replied
    I agree Marc which is why I have been using Fishpond for nearly 2 years now.

I do use Amazon as well and if you buy enough books then the postage is not an issue and the prices are pretty good. (exchange rate is turning that to custard at the moment though)

Leave a comment:

• Marc
    replied
    Originally posted by rd12 View Post
    Fishpond is good. I find if I leave things in my basket and go away then a week or so later I get a 50% off offer on the contents of my basket. Plus $10 vouchers for friends. Seems good to me.
    That is an amazing tip!

I have on BusinessTalk.co.nz in my blog a list of the books I have read with a business focus that have dramatically improved or helped me in some way. They all point to Amazon but I think I will swap to Fishpond because they are local and you have to support Kiwi!! I only found them a little while ago so I am pleased there is a local bookstore with a good affiliate program.

I personally think that using Amazons affiliate program this far away from the states is not good like Heg states above if your target traffic is NZ/Aussie.

Cheers

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Jumpin
    replied
    Originally posted by rd12 View Post
    Fishpond is good. I find if I leave things in my basket and go away then a week or so later I get a 50% off offer on the contents of my basket. Plus $10 vouchers for friends. Seems good to me.

nice tip, I'll try that one

Leave a comment:

• Heg
    replied
    I find books in NZ are horribly expensive. We used Amazon UK all the time when we lived in the UK and got huge savings. It is too expensive to use Amazon from NZ as it links you to the US site and you have to pay huge shipping costs which negates any savings on the books. Which is curious as the last Amazon order I received was shipped from OZ.(also not helped by the plummeting dollar rates) Fishpond are not that cheap, unless you get their specials.

Leave a comment:

• rd12
    replied

But then I've not tried amazon cos they are American and the yanks do such horrible horrible nasty unfriendly websites that make me unhappy. Not all Americans are bad though. I have some good friends who are American.

Leave a comment:

• tpr2
    replied
    heres an idea mark.
    On most of my sites I post recommended reading and this links back to fishponds affiliate program.

I do the same with amazon if I can't find a particular book on fish pond.

Leave a comment:

• Marc
    replied
    Originally posted by ream View Post
    And there I was thinking you might have some grand plan for PT....
    There is stuff in development right now that the PT community will benefit from but I can't say anything yet.

By the way ream you just gave me an idea!
    Cheers

Marc

Leave a comment:

• ream
    replied
    And there I was thinking you might have some grand plan for PT....

Leave a comment:

• Marc
    replied
    Originally posted by ream View Post
    So go on Marc, put us all out of our misery - why do you ask?
    Hello ream,

I was going to start buying off them instead of Amazon.

Cheers

Marc

Leave a comment:

• ream
    replied
    So go on Marc, put us all out of our misery - why do you ask?

Leave a comment:

• tpr2
    replied
    I have and they delivered quickly and efficiently.
    I'm a little biased now though because I became an affiliate.

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Have bought a few books from them. Totally fine.

David

Leave a comment:

• CJ
    replied
    Pretty sure I bought some xmas presents on it while I was living overseas. No issues.

Leave a comment:

• ream
    replied
    Same here - was a while ago though, maybe 18 months ago?

Leave a comment:

• Heg
    replied
    I've bought from them. No problems at all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X