Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should PropertyTalk worry about negative feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should PropertyTalk worry about negative feedback?

Hi All,

I was going to post this in another discussion and then thought it needs it's own thread.

Often PropertyTalk get's put down for what it is - why is this happening? Well let's talk about it.

1. Does PropertyTalk allow users too much freedom of speech?

With so much moderation, and control imposed in our lives particularly online, especially in platforms like Facebook, PropertyTalk doesn't want to be too heavy handed in this regard.

We don't want users fearful of saying what they think. For example we won't instantly remove the negative comments we get from users.

In other platforms negative feedback will hardly see the light of day - is this good or bad? I think it's bad. While it's hard to let negative comments remain online - there is a reason for the feedback. Most often it's nothing to do with us (PropertyTalk) but more about what's going on in users lives.

Empathy is important and while it may not make you rich, it will make you a better person. However in online forums there is a need for balance.

Now it's your turn...... are we getting the balance right?

cheers,

Donna

SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Try reading some of the comments section in interest.co.nz, I can copy and paste those comments to give a more "balanced view " if that helps.

Empathetic terminology references to landlords:

"Leaches "
    "Evil"
    "Blood sucker"
    "Landlord scum"
    "Landlord filth"

And this is the narrative of most mainstream media..why would you even want to silence property owners voice?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      Try reading some of the comments section in interest.co.nz, I can copy and paste those comments to give a more "balanced view " if that helps.

Empathetic terminology references to landlords:

"Leaches "
      "Evil"
      "Blood sucker"
      "Landlord scum"
      "Landlord filth"

And this is the narrative of most mainstream media..why would you even want to silence property owners voice?
      by karl seastrand | 17th Feb 21, 11:51am
      up
      NZME publications like One Roof should be closed down and banned on the grounds that they are a national security risk
      by b21 | 17th Feb 21, 10:29am
      up
      Time to react and BAN speculation on housing. Yesterday was too late already
      by karl seastrand | 17th Feb 21, 11:48am
      up
      Wake up. Houses will not disappear into thin air if we get rid of the scourge of investors/landlords.

It's called persecution like the Nazis persecuted the wealthy Jewish.
      Last edited by Jeffa; 17-02-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
        Hi All ...

We don't want users fearful of saying what they think. For example we won't instantly remove the negative comments we get from users....

cheers,

Donna
        That depends on what function you want Property talk to perform.

Is it some safe space that property investors can come to to get their opinions confirmed?
        A feel good corner of the net?
        An eco chamber?
        That could be a possible way for PT to be.
        ___

Personally, I worry that view is misleading.
        And that beginners might wind up in a whole mess of trouble following the blind optimism.

____

To me, there is a responsibility to report both sides of the story.

The good, and the bad.

Yes there is money to be made.
        But it's not all roses, and things are by no means guaranteed.
        Not all people will succeed.
        The failures will disappear silently to lick their wounds.

Many people that push the benefits of property investing are ticket clipping, so have a motive to hide the down side.
        and they will never suffer the loss a newbie suffers.

Out of curiosity,
        What would be a negative comment , for example?
        Anything that doesn't follow the mantra of buy as much property you can at any cost, take any risks, and be sure its a never ending upswing?

____

I guess i'ts your forum.
        You can make it whatever you want.

If I ever overstep the mark, feel free to delete that post.

Thanks for all the hard work and clear thinking.

Comment

Interesting development re the desire to in someway make platforms responsible for user content

cheers,

Donna

The law should allow social media networks to be held financially liable for libelous false information and damage caused by incitements to violence.
          SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
          X