Help with private messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with private messaging

Whenever I send a private message a box comes up asking me if I want to request a read receipt. If I click cancel it doesn't send the message so I have to request a read receipt every time which I don't want to do!!
    Help

ohh ahhh I had better check my messages went through.

Perhaps send a msg to Donna...she has sorted out some other glitches.

L
    How do you eat an Elephant?
    One Bite at a Time!! (Source: Spaceman)

Comment

Hey Team,

I will try and find how to turn off the Request Read Receipt as its bugging me as well.

Cheers

Marc
      Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Hi all,

Please try it now - I think I have disabled the Return Receipt pop-up box.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Cool thanks Marc

Comment

Removing old private messages

Remember to delete your old private messages or export them to your computer- there is a limit to the number of messages held.

To 'delete' you tick the box on the right of the message and then on the bottom horizontal bar - click the drop down arrow and select 'delete'.

To 'export' in the same drop down box is a selection of formats you can use to export your private messages and save on your computer.

Phew.....got the techie stuff out of the way

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I just deleted most of my old messages. Now, will the new message that came today but was blocked (because the box was full) be able to come through again?

Comment

Is it there? If not then probably not though you are fixed for all future pm's Fudosan

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

No, it's not there.

Comment

If you know who sent the message you can send them a 'pm' asking for the message to be re-sent.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

I just did. Thanks Donna.

Comment

Which options do I need to turn on to receive private message in my email mailbox like it was back in PropretyTalk.co.nz? I have the following turned on already, but I only get a notification without including the actual message.

1. Receive Email from Other Members
                        2. Enable Private Messaging
                        3. Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

Comment

I have same thing. I assume it's part of the new system. I get public posts included in notification email but private are notification only without thte actual message

Comment

Hey team,

The message that was sent within the PM email was added to propertytalk.co.nz not long ago. It was an extra feature I had located on the Internet.

I will have to check but I too only get the name of the member who has sent me an email within propertytalk.com PM system

See below

Marc,

You have received a new private message at PropertyTalk.com from Donna. Please click here to log in and read it:

Thanks,
                            PropertyTalk.com team
                            Cheers

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc
                              The message that was sent within the PM email was added to propertytalk.co.nz not long ago. It was an extra feature I had located on the Internet.
                              If I have to, I'll beg you to put back this feature. I'm so used to this old way which allows me to read the message before deciding whether I should bother going to PT to grab it. Pleeeeeeeeeese put it back!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X