'Go the ABs'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Go the ABs'

Go the All Blacks! The RWC is now underway and I hope the All Blacks go all the way. I wouldn't bet a house on the ABs lifting the Webb Ellis cup - however win or lose the AB's will do their best and NZ will host an outstanding tournament that will hopefully see more visitors to our shores over the next few years.

Cheers,

Donna
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Go the mighty ALL BLACKS!!!

Wasn't entirely convinced with our performance on Friday night, however the same can be said for Aussie's first half, Scotland, England and Argentina. Even Irelands first half was poor, let along the French against Japan!

Another big game tonight with SA vs Wales will be good... but really there is a team yet to stamp their mark on this world cup!

Comment

Wales must be gutted!
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Yeah Wales had their chances but couldn't quite do it - they are the youngest team at the WRC so if they can keep together and grow over the next 4 years they may be a formidable opponent for the next RWC.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Do you have a flag on your car?

Police will be cracking down on large flags and makeshift flagpoles attached to fans' vehicles during the Rugby World Cup.Counties Manukau police have this week asked members of the Pacific community to make safety the first consideration, while supporting their favourite rugby team.
          The call comes after a number of supporters, particularly Tongan and Samoan fans, put makeshift flagpoles on their vehicle roofs.

Source

View the article - the photo of the car with the flags on it is funny but imagine travelling along the motorway at 100 kms.

There's quite a few cars in Wgn displaying the small silver fern flag - great to see the support - and other country flags are getting more popular too - do you have a flag on your car? (I don't.....yet - but I do have a Kiwi supporter flag proudly on display at home).

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVbYQ9umt4&amp;feature=share" target="_blank">
            Last edited by donna; 16-09-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Yes! I reckon I got the last flag in Tauranga last Friday.

I've never been a rugby supporter, but I am getting into this. Apart from the welcome fact that shirts have tightened since the last game I watched 10 years ago (why don't they just use body paint?), I think the RWC will be a real boost for NZ - both money and attitude.

Comment

Yep we might as well all enjoy the party as it may be the last for long time.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Umm it didn't quite happen as it should have - in New York

Comment

Well done Ireland 15 - 6 over Australia - however it's not great news for the AB's who have a tougher path to the final now should Ireland top the table in their pool and we do likewise. It also presents all the top northern teams on one side of the draw and the southern teams on the other - so the final will be a northern/southern clash.

cheers,

Donna
                    Last edited by donna; 18-09-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Dan Carter out of RWC.

Well it's going to be a much closer contest now Dan is out with a torn tendon in his groin (sounds very painful) .

I think we can still do it

Still "Go the AB's" - if we make the final it's going to be a huge battle.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

the rest of them will have to earn their money now

Comment

David Kirk (of 1987 ABs) told the ABs yesterday.....

"You don't get what you deserve in life you get what you're good enough to take"
                          So the team good enough to take it on Saturday will win I guess.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

It's a game... It doesn't matter who wins or loses. It should be about participation.

It would be great for the Welsh if they could fly home with the trophy in their luggage.

They are good enough to take it.

Comment

Umm Rugby used to be 'just a game' when it was amateur - but now it is a professional sport - and so it is a 'business' and it is about the 'winning'. The RWC is about making $$ and the team that wins is rewarded with $$ - and the players are individually worth more.

Losers say it's about the participation. Winners say it is about winning. Like with professional sport no one is in business to 'participate' they are in to win.

My 10 cents worth.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X