Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Requested

Hello all,

The PT team are very interested in any thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the two new "Media Blocks" we have added to the site.

Do you use them?
    Do they help in alerting you to new threads/videos?
    Could they be better? If so how?

We are going to introduce some more overtime but we first need to think where they should go (don't even bother with suggesting the replace the ads Thats what keeps this site free.)

What other features would you like to see within these media blocks? Ignore the current sizes of the two we have when thinking about this.

Here are the current Media Bocks we have - see below:

Top:

Middle:

And here is the more advanced one we have on BusinessTalk.co.nz (our new forum for NZ business talk!)

Cheers

Marc
    Last edited by Marc; 29-01-2009, 02:44 PM.
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Ahrmmmm... how long have they been there?
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Ok I will show my ignorance, do you mean the things you have in the middle of the posts now? You can have my opinion for what it is worth on those, B....y annoying, Not that my opinion will alter anything I know and I realized you are doing all the advertising to pay for the site, just pity it doesnt stick to the outside then we can ignore it if we want to.

but looking at the ads on the side now I see one is the same as the picture you post so i guess it is those. Sorry seldom notice them as a rule, still I know I am different, I guess others read them.

did click on the top one the other day and fill out the survey though

Comment

Nah not the ads! The little blue boxes in the pictures - the red arrows are pointing to them

The top one on the left hand side just underneath the Subscribe to our daily news box its called "LATEST THREADS/VIDEOS"

Cheers

Marc

Comment

I hadn't noticed them. My landing page is new posts so it's obsolete to me.

Comment

Still there Dean, top left and bottom left.
            "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Huh?? What is??

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba View Post
                Huh?? What is??
                Next to the pic of Obama naked...

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Sorry I have no idea what you are on about. I said I see no benefit in the latest thread thing because my shortcut lands me on all new posts anyway and Muppet said "It's still there", Do the mods take strange drugs now??

Comment

I sometimes look at the list of recent posts, but I don't use the other tabs.

As per Poomba, the NewPosts link kinda makes the list on the top left irrelevant.

David
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by NZGEMS View Post
                      I know and I realized you are doing all the advertising to pay for the site,
                      Yep - PT for us is about providing a forum where people who are interested in property can seek advice from many sources before they make a decision. We love PT for its ability to connect people and help people out. Its not a commercial venture for us in that its not our primary source of $$. So we need the advertising to help pay for the bills.

We have other businesses such as Mobilize Mail which is now the top email marketing provider in NZ that provides advanced email marketing solutions for businesses. That is where we spend most of our working hours in.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Do you use them?
                        Do they help in alerting you to new threads/videos?
                        Could they be better? If so how?
                        Yes I use the new threads and latest ones.
                        New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
                        FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
                        CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Dean said
                          I hadn't noticed them.My landing page is new posts so it's obsolete to me.
                          and
                          Huh?? What is??
                          The things Marc wants you to see.

To the left of New Posts is the Latest Threads/Videos and if you scroll down a bit you will come across the Most Active last 30 days.
                          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Do the mods take strange drugs now??
                            Oi - watchit!

I noticed them awhile ago, but to my honest (like Dean), I just use the New Posts to navigate through the things I want to read, or the Search button if I'm looking for something in particular.
                            Lisa

Comment

Like a lot of regular users, I land on New Posts, but the new blocks will be useful in guiding a new or occasional visitor to hot topics.

Maybe a new tab of 'New here?' with a list of links to FAQ, Forum Rules, About PT?

cube
                              DFTBA

Comment

Working...
                              X