Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIDEMIC of the great UNWASHED and UNHOUSABLE tenancy applications - no one wants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PC View Post
    If only there was a free market.
    I would love to try some innovation - but no - all illegal.
    So sad. Just put the rents up some more then.
    The socio-commies in W'gton hate free enterprise businesses. It really grates with them that they have to accept that nationalisation (as in North Korea-communist-style) does not work and that they need businesses and their employment. Without them, tax receipts plummet and unemployed numbers increase.

No. Not all options for free enterprise residential LLs are illegal. As I've said hereabouts in another thread, the necessary collective moral fibre is missing.

As for "just put the rents up some more then," be careful what you say.

I.e. Don't overlook that Comrade Cindy and her socio-commie coterie have frozen residential rents once.

Nothing to stop them doing that again, along with introducing rent controls.

Comment

Another example (from STUFFed) of the unwashed and the lily-livered and jellified HNZ LL.

Restraining order granted after years of harrassment from neighbours
      24 Feb 2021

Originally posted by Woke Munstry
      Kainga Ora area manager Dale Bradley said the organisation housed more than 200,000 New Zealanders including some whose behaviour may be “different and can be challenging to live beside.” However, it would “act to help prevent or alter situations” that may not meet the threshold for legal action “but that impact on the lives of others including our customers.”
      Would act? Bring out the wet bus tickets!

Comment

For those that glance at Kiwiblog time to time, there is some interesting discussion in today's General Debate based on overheard conversation about possible contents of a housing Cabinet paper. Not going to repeat it here as could be just a conspiracy theory, but worth a look anyway to make up one's own mind. Not uncommon to overhear beltway conversations that should be behind closed doors.

Comment

With the new deductability changes we are going to be ok...we have two medium priced rentals for our retirement (true mum and dad investors). With the new laws favouring tenants over and above, we, who have kept rents low for good tenants, will be asking the maximum rent, and leaving it in the hand of property managers, and waiting until we find the right people who want a home and will look after it. The new rules have hardened us up a lot, but I'm sure we will mellow if we get excellent tenants. Things are so tight for investors you can't afford to make a mistake, or, initially, have a big heart. I think it's sad, and going to make things worse for tenants, not better in the long run.

Comment

EPIDEMIC of the great UNWASHED and UNHOUSABLE tenancy applications . . .

You missed out UNEDUCATED. Epitomised by a faecesbook message . . . from another member of NZ's intelligentsia.

Astonishing that "address" was correctly spelled.

If you thought it couldn't get any worse, think again . . .

The worst part of this is that they live among us, breathe, procreate and VOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              EPIDEMIC of the great UNWASHED and UNHOUSABLE tenancy applications . . .

You missed out UNEDUCATED. Epitomised by a faecesbook message . . . from another member of NZ's intelligentsia.

Astonishing that "address" was correctly spelled.

The worst part of this is that they live among us, breathe, procreate and VOTE!
              What you missed Perry, me old china,
              is that there is a reason for this language.

Way back before computers, back in the days of personal pagers,
              data over radio link, was very expensive.

Similar to the telegraph, each letter cost a few cents.

So, if you could reduce the phrase "See you later" to "CUL8R".
              You could save money.

I remember it being a matter of pride to be up to date with the latest abbreviation.
              There were even abbreviation guide books you could buy.

This tradition is still alive in places.

TTFN.
              Last edited by McDuck; 13-04-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post

I like her idea.
                It shows some good creative thinking, and a willingness to challenge the way things are.

Sure.
                She's right,
                The landlord doesn't own the house.
                The bank owns most of it. * in this case.
                Not only that, the bank doesn't own the money it lent to the landlord, it really belongs to the depositors.

So why not cut out the middle men?
                The tenant can pay the money straight to the depositors.
                That's gotta be more efficient and ethical.

The landlord and the banker can get a small risk appropriate sized cut for their services.

small.

risk.

appropriate.

But the bulk of the profit, and any capital gains can be shared between the real owner of the money and the real worker for the money.
                Last edited by McDuck; 14-04-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Last weekend I listed a property in Rotorua that is due to be settled at the end of this month. (But might have to be delayed due to lockdown.)
                  Within hours, actual applications were coming in, based on just the address and a few of the photos from the REA's sale listing, that I downloaded.
                  Very few applicants are in emergency housing.

But there are some patterns:
                  1) People who've had to accept rentals that don't allow pets and are excited that I might accept them. Or who've had to accept rentals that are too small, because nothing else was available.
                  2) People who have crammed in with family rather than go to a motel.
                  3) People whose landlords have sold up (no doubt due to all of the govt. meddling)

Often, 2 & 3 go together.

I'm getting a mixture of nuclear (working) families, solo mums and young couples, for a standard 3 bed, 50s house.

It's sad, and I wish that I could offer more of them a house. Even assuming that some are spinning me a line or are authors of their own fate, there are still a lot of people out there, desperate for a house through no fault of their own.
                  My blog. From personal experience.
                  http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

<sarcasm> But comrade commissars Cindy & FarGoneBoy are here to help make renting better for tenants. </sarcasm>

Will they ever actually see and appreciate the huge negative consequences of their actions for those tenants?

Probably not.

Good luck with your selection process.

Comment

Working...
                    X