Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIDEMIC of the great UNWASHED and UNHOUSABLE tenancy applications - no one wants.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    People in emergency accommodation have to provide evidence they are applying for private rentals. I assume that vacancy ads, emails and similar would suffice. In practice these people are better to wait in emergency / traditional housing for the state home.So no real incentive to present well to prospective landlords.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by artemis View Post
      In practice these people are better to wait in emergency / traditional housing for the state home.
      Yes, of course. One of those promised 30,000 affordable houses, you mean?

      Let's Keep Moving (And Doing This)

      Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Perry View Post
        Yes, of course. One of those promised 30,000 affordable houses, you mean?..
        More houses would work against you, wouldn't it?

        More houses would reduce rental demand, and drop rents.



        curiously though..

        1) How many houses did get built.

        2) What factors contributed to the variance between plan and actual.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by McDuck View Post
          .....
          curiously though..

          1) How many houses did get built.

          2) What factors contributed to the variance between plan and actual.
          If you mean Kiwibuild ...

          1. 613 sold, 350 available to buy, 977 under construction. Numbers sold / available include bought off the plans so not necessarily built yet.

          2. Looks like the main factor is lack of demand - people are not buying bescause they don't like them, including but not only location. Some developments are designed to include social housing. Unitec for example, more than 30% of the total 4000 or so to be social housing. That will put many people right off buying.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by artemis View Post
            If you mean Kiwibuild ...

            1. 613 sold, 350 available to buy, 977 under construction. Numbers sold / available include bought off the plans so not necessarily built yet.

            2. Looks like the main factor is lack of demand - people are not buying bescause they don't like them, including but not only location. Some developments are designed to include social housing. Unitec for example, more than 30% of the total 4000 or so to be social housing. That will put many people right off buying.
            huh!

            That is interesting.

            I just read a few reports on the matter.

            The infrastructure costs were also a hang-up.
            And deposits.

            Essentially the price equilibrium point is way too high for incomes.

            You almost need to build a whole city in the middle of nowhere.
            Similar to Hobsonville point.

            And it probably needs a thing to do... you know.. like orchards in California, or gaming in Las Vegas.. finance as in NY and LONDON.

            Or maybe you just need to control immigration.
            Last edited by McDuck; 30-09-2020, 05:34 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Suppose you solve the problem by starting a whole new city in the middle of nowhere.

              You just need a road in, a road out, water and power.
              (So best grow a small town by a river).

              But what could that city do?
              What sort of city would you move to?

              A town full of small workshops?
              And a artisan feel.
              Making high quality value added products..
              In a village layout, as an example.

              Perhaps a tech center, with military contracts and a University just for cyber education.
              like Silicon Valley..

              Or a town that just develops eco process and recycles things.
              So much potential there. So much material going to waste.

              Lets do the research first.
              Cities, What have they done historically?

              Why was London built there, and what did it do?
              Why was Las Vegas built there, and what did it do?
              Why was Egypt built there, and what did it do?
              Why was Babylon built there , And what did it do.

              Go wide, see why Petra failed.. etc.



              Note to self: Do we need a religious base for a city, and lots of customs to keep people focused?
              Will science and universities cover that natural instinct for control over the future?
              Note to self * Water is a prime ingredient to any city.
              That could be the ultimate cap to immigration and success, never forget that .
              (This makes the council look really remiss).
              Last edited by McDuck; 02-10-2020, 09:50 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Listing Said Non-Smokers Only

                Are all facebook users this bright?
                (He said he didn't smoke.)



                Just another angelic wannabe tenant.

                Hurry off, now. MSD / WINZ is over there >>>>>

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by McDuck View Post
                  Suppose you solve the problem by starting a whole new city in the middle of nowhere.

                  You just need a road in, a road out, water and power.
                  (So best grow a small town by a river).

                  But what could that city do?
                  What sort of city would you move to?.....
                  How about a Sleepyhead factory at Ohinewai, with 1100 affordable homes for their workers and community amenities. Could work if the regional council gets out of the way. Still opposing the development last I heard.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by artemis View Post
                    How about a Sleepyhead factory at Ohinewai, with 1100 affordable homes for their workers and community amenities. Could work if the regional council gets out of the way. Still opposing the development last I heard.
                    Hi Artemis.
                    Thanks for the pointer.
                    On the face of it, it seems like a dream come true.
                    Comfort Group seem like an amazing force for good.

                    I haven't fully investigated the pros and cos of the details yet.

                    The main opposition seems to be developing a new site, while old Huntly is there waiting to be revitalized.
                    Basically, not doing things in the way the current local warlord envisioned.
                    (Or the present social mantra decrees).
                    Different century - same power struggle.

                    So I'm 100% in on the idea, but a bit iffy on the execution.

                    I'd also like to see diversification around the plant center.
                    Lots of small cottage type industry, using some of the tech from the foam.
                    A whole district, for say fabric designers , that sort of thing.
                    You'd have to build the shops in the town and wait.
                    Or the council would have a lease to buy scheme set up.
                    Diversification is crucial to any portfolio.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is how to filter out the "riskier tenancy inquiries" that may waste your time, its a standard response to any interested parties where insufficient information is being supplied and they are wanting to view the place:

                      Hi thank you for your interest in the property.

                      To view tenancy suitability can you give me an indication as to the following information:

                      1. How many occupants for this tenancy?
                      2. What are their occupations?
                      3. Do you have pets – if so what are they?
                      4. What is your current living situation and reason for moving?
                      5. Have you ever been evicted or been the subject of a tenancy tribunal hearing – if yes please provide details?
                      6. Do you have clean credit – we do carry out checks?
                      7. Do you have any references these can be contact names and numbers of current and former landlords ? These can be provided later.

                      Thanks please send back your responses.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X