Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenants become an independent childcare giver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenants become an independent childcare giver.

Hi folks.
    Our tenants request a letter from us in order to inform an government agency that they are qualified caregivers. Was wondering is there any legislation that we need to comply with? Well they use a residency property to run a business ?

Please advise .

Thanks

Do you mean something like an at home child "educator" like Porse or Barnadoes?

I don't think that would effect any of your obligations as a LL but would be worth informing your insurance company. State insurance don't class it as needing additional business insurance cover but some might.

It could cause additional remedial work at the end of the tenancy. For example Porse require every piece of furniture or heavy appliance which stands above a meter from the ground to be anchored to a wall or appropriate fixture.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply.

yes we've just been told by Barnadoes, as they are a qualified caregiver and the property they are in meets the requirement.

They have informed us regarding anchored furniture stuff like that. It may leave some holes on the walls, which we could deal with it .

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
        For example Porse require every piece of furniture or heavy appliance which stands above a meter from the ground to be anchored to a wall or appropriate fixture.
        Mental note to self: never become a Porse caregiver. Bugger having to contort myself undoing brackets every time I want to pull my fridge or washing machine out from the wall.
        My blog. From personal experience.
        http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
          For example Porse require every piece of furniture or heavy appliance which stands above a meter from the ground to be anchored to a wall or appropriate fixture.
          Wow. How did I ever survive?

Comment

Working...
          X