2 month bond resriction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 month bond resriction?

Ive got a friend who took a tenant to the tribunal ,won and was awarded the bond.
    Its a long story but he neglected to collect it and has told me that because he has waited longer than 2 months, he no longer can, and must go through the process again and has no contact for the past tenant which apparently has tried to stop the bond payment.
    does anyone have any thoughts or advice for this mind boggling situation.
    And yes,he has definitely learned a lesson.

It seems to me that some form of time limit is fair enough.....would think that only 2 months is a bit on the short side though

Cheers
    Spaceman

Comment

Might pay to redo your question.

The two month restriction applies to applications to the TT unless you have a new address for service. Your post suggests they were successful at the TT. I suggest not (at least at the TT). Otherwise the TT would have ordered the bond to be refunded.
      www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Sorry for not being clear--from what i gather the TT have ordered the bond refunded but he let 2 months pass without getting it

Comment

so if it was LL's to get

but they were slow

surely it stays in the account

and doesn't go back to the tenant once the tribunal has decided they've lost it
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

It hasnt gone back to the tenant,but apparently he cant get it back either as to much time[2mos]has passed and he cant go back to file another TT case because he has no address for the departed tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by skid View Post
              Sorry for not being clear--from what i gather the TT have ordered the bond refunded but he let 2 months pass without getting it
              In my limited experience of the TT, even though they can award you the bond, they can be pretty tardy in actually getting it processed. Better to scan your judgement, write your account number on it and email it to the bond centre.
              Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X