What to look out for when renting to single mum on WINZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
    Robin, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
    Kind of disagreeing.

If you're seeing most PM's as women then I suspect you're hiring Real estate agents moonlighting as PM's.

Comment

And a tidy car boot, according to some.
      You don't need to look in the boot, you can spot the messy ones by looking at the rubbish around the back and front seats!

Comment

While I don't agree with your analysis of the cleanliness of a seat/boot, graeme, I am a firm believer in how the make/model of car you drive reflects your personality. Which is not really the same thing.

Here's a story told to me by a man who knows. Jeremy Clarkson once took his Jaguar in for a service at his local dealership. Upon collection, he apparently threw a tantrum the likes of which Paris Hilton would be proud because they had cleaned his car (inside and out). He proceeded to empty the glove box and his pockets scattering the contents all over the back seat.

Now this may serve as justification for your belief, I don't know. But it certainly goes to prove that cleanliness of one's back seat has little to do with ability or willingness to pay one's rent.

Comment

Robin, most PMs seem to be woman around my neck of the woods (although it's sometimes not easy to tell), and it's precisely those with more experience - the ones who've been around the block and have suffered the scars of life - who tend to be the biggest excusers of solo mums and their reputation, deserved or otherwise, as bad tenants.

Comment

While I don't agree with your analysis of the cleanliness of a seat/boot, graeme, I am a firm believer in how the make/model of car you drive reflects your personality. Which is not really the same thing.
            I agree, it has no relation to your ability to pay rent but it does give a very good indication of how well you are likely to look after the property.

Comment

Robin, most PMs seem to be woman around my neck of the woods (although it's sometimes not easy to tell), and it's precisely those with more experience - the ones who've been around the block and have suffered the scars of life - who tend to be the biggest excusers of solo mums and their reputation, deserved or otherwise, as bad tenants.
              Wow - really?
              Which part of the country.

A good PM should prioritise the owner as a customer more than the tenant.

Mind you there are quite a few who prioritise any tenant (rent = fees = income) over no tenant, and let the owner wear the risk. This is not professional service in my opinion, but the de facto fee structure does encourage this sort of thing.

Comment

STAY AWAY!!!
                I just been through this,
                single mum 2y and 5y old, presented well, clean clothes, took shoes off etc, agent did a credit check wich was spotless, had good renting references, rent came out of her account etc,
                few weeks later boyfriend (and father of both kids!!!) moved in, his sister, her partner, their kids, stopped paying rent, trashed the house, made up lies in tenancy tribunal (luckily police officers were willing to come and give evidence too, along with the insurance assessor and agent), but turned out the day before the hearing she and her partner took out huge loan, got new cars (sold old ones for cash) on loan so even with judgment in my favour we can't touch them, i guess i will be getting my few dollars a week for half a century.....NO SINGLE MUMS ON WINZ they are the tennant from hell in making - due to their 'silent' partners...

Comment

Working...
                X