Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat flaps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cat flaps

    T Can I please have a cat flap for my new pussy? I'll pay to have it put in and fixed up when I leave?

    LL .....Hestitation....

    Any comments, advice, experience?

    xris

  • #2
    I'm ok with cat flaps, but only if they can be convenienlty placed in the bottom panel of a glass door.

    Keeps the tenant happy and also keeps the silly cat happy.

    Having said that, I had a tenant recently who wouldn't turn the alarm on because she wanted the cat inside the house during the day. She was burgled and lost a lot of her personal stuff. After that incident I blocked up the cat flap and told her the cat stays out during the day.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was going to suggest that the matter be referred to specialist medical practitioner, but Aston's answer is better.

      Comment


      • #4
        Happy pussy = Happy tenant.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aston View Post
          I'm ok with cat flaps, but only if they can be convenienlty placed in the bottom panel of a glass door.

          Keeps the tenant happy and also keeps the silly cat happy.

          Having said that, I had a tenant recently who wouldn't turn the alarm on because she wanted the cat inside the house during the day. She was burgled and lost a lot of her personal stuff. After that incident I blocked up the cat flap and told her the cat stays out during the day.
          Can you explain this further,....as I can't see how this would be a LL problem anyway?!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xris View Post
            T Can I please have a cat flap for my new pussy? I'll pay to have it put in and fixed up when I leave?

            LL .....Hestitation....

            Any comments, advice, experience?

            xris
            No problems at all. Let them pay for the install, and leave the 'cat-flap' in place after they leave (easy enough to close off if not needed).

            Just make sure that you have glass cover through your insurance to cover any breakages after that tenant leaves.
            (AMI Insurance does $10 per year glass cover......AWESOME VALUE!!)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Glen View Post
              Can you explain this further,....as I can't see how this would be a LL problem anyway?!
              In this particular situation I was doing a favour to a 'friend' by letting her have the house at a very low rental. I had some stuff stored in the shed on the property. The alarm also covered the shed and I lost a lot of stuff in the burglary.

              After the burglary I told the tenant that the arrangement was over unless she agreed to use the alarm and leave the cat outside.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Aston View Post
                In this particular situation I was doing a favour to a 'friend' by letting her have the house at a very low rental. I had some stuff stored in the shed on the property. The alarm also covered the shed and I lost a lot of stuff in the burglary.

                After the burglary I told the tenant that the arrangement was over unless she agreed to use the alarm and leave the cat outside.

                BUGGER!....But,..C'mon don't ya know the rule,....DON'T rent to family or friends
                I've been down this track with renting to my sister and then her friends,.......NEVER again!
                Useless buggers and pains in the arse!........ Let them sort their own shit out!

                Comment


                • #9
                  But, you are stuck with a hole in your door, for ever and eternity, surely?

                  xris

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by xris View Post
                    But, you are stuck with a hole in your door, for ever and eternity, surely?

                    xris
                    Solid door = No cat flap, use window for a cat flap instead.

                    I let the tenants install cat flaps in glass doors or low windows. Its written into the tenancy agreement and when they vacate they must replace the glass.

                    All the best,

                    Niall

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Niall View Post
                      Solid door = No cat flap, use window for a cat flap instead.

                      I let the tenants install cat flaps in glass doors or low windows. Its written into the tenancy agreement and when they vacate they must replace the glass.

                      All the best,

                      Niall
                      Problem solved - thank you.

                      You always pick up something new here, even if it's obvious and even if you act like you know it all anyway.

                      xris

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lol

                        :-) - sometimes you just CRACK me up Xris.....

                        LOL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have had lots of bottom panes in doors or ranch sliders smash due to cat flaps being put in them. It always weakens the glass.
                          I too have had lots of promises about putting it right when they leave.
                          I figure if they are that genuine to put it right they should pay you the cost of a new piece of glass at the time of installing it.
                          I had one flap cause lots of rain damage when it was put in a window facing the windy side of a property.
                          Tell them to leave the window ajar with a cat ramp up to it.
                          Good way to get a bit of air into the bathroom also.
                          Often the window smashes after the wonderful promise making tenant has left. Even if the glass was broken due to new tenant stupidity they always say the glass was cracked or weakened by the flap and so that is why they should not pay.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                            Often the window smashes after the wonderful promise making tenant has left. Even if the glass was broken due to new tenant stupidity they always say the glass was cracked or weakened by the flap and so that is why they should not pay.
                            Bingo.



                            I've always agreed to tenants installing a cat flap but to be perfectly honest I find them a pain in the neck. (couldn't avoid the pun... sorry)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                              I have had lots of bottom panes in doors or ranch sliders smash due to cat flaps being put in them. It always weakens the glass.
                              I too have had lots of promises about putting it right when they leave.
                              I have not had any glass smash due to a cat flap. When tenants move out they get the full bond signed off if the glass is replaced. I am more than willing to get a glazier to do this for them and take it from their bond if they prefer.

                              Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                              I figure if they are that genuine to put it right they should pay you the cost of a new piece of glass at the time of installing it.
                              If you "..figure.." it Glenn, I take it you dont actually do it...do you?

                              All the best,

                              Niall

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X