Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does T/A officially ends after termination order? Insurance challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does T/A officially ends after termination order? Insurance challenge!

Hello!
    hope everyone has had a good holiday break.
    We have a question here,if anyone is able to help please? A bit of a long story…

We had a termination order due to tenants causing severe damage late Sep and the tenants were unable to vacate due to no available rentals. .
    We eventually gained possession in late Oct., however the house was unfit to rent .
    House has been insured with AXX and loss of rent .
    We claimed for loss of rent however the claims department said they are going to decline due to the fact there’s no tenancy agreement at place due to the termination.

Our query on this is
    when does the tenancy officially end ? Is it the date they move out or the date the house remediations are completed to a reasonable/rentable condition?or the date of the termination?
    The tenants did not leave the premises by the termination date and remediation was not yet started due to tenants still residing in property. We cloud not allow new tenants to move in due to health and safety.
    Where is this explained in the RTA please?

^^ a couple of good questions for our PM PTers. I’d be guessing so I’ll leave a reply to someone more in the know.

cheers

Donna
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by App View Post
      "The claims department said they are going to decline due to the fact there’s no tenancy agreement at place due to the termination.
      Our query on this is
      when does the tenancy officially end"
      I would go to the small print in your insurance agreement.
      Removing all the other ideas and considerations, it gets down to one thing.

What have the insurance company agreed to cover you for, and how do they define that situation.

My guess is that they aren't covering you for any situation where rent is not comin in.
      My guess is that they are specifically covering you for a tenant who has stopped paying while still under agreement.

Your brain just confused the two due to inexperience.

It's to the insurance company's advantage to seem to be selling you more cover than they are actually providing, by this sort of trick.

Comment

Working...
      X