X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donna
    replied
    Originally posted by Meehole View Post
    I don't know the house but its probably about a kilometer from where I live. Unfortunately many of the older houses around here have been brought up by Kaianga Ora and the mob have moved into others. Home invasions and thefts are on the rise, owners are installing security and looking out for each other. Should I stay or should I go? The beach is 500 metres from my home.....
    Tough call. Would be hard to give up the beach but if you end up feeling unsafe in your home it’s time to move on. Hopefully with added security tech that won’t be any time soon.

With security though if there’s a lot of it or it looks high tech that too might encourage a break in as it could give off the signal you’ve got valuable stuff.

I have family in north Tawa and oddly even with easy to see cameras all around and it being obvious the occupant was home there was an attempted break in.

cheers

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Perry
    replied
    The W'gton commies know that would not be any sort of vote-buyer.

Leave a comment:

• m3ntis
    replied
    Well..it’s strange to me that there has not yet been a petition to make Tenant Liability insurance mandatory like it is in other countries that are very kind to Tenants rights and put some balance back into the tenant landlord relationship.
    No insurance no rental contract.

Leave a comment:

• Meehole
    replied
    I don't know the house but its probably about a kilometer from where I live. Unfortunately many of the older houses around here have been brought up by Kaianga Ora and the mob have moved into others. Home invasions and thefts are on the rise, owners are installing security and looking out for each other. Should I stay or should I go? The beach is 500 metres from my home.....

Leave a comment:

• donna
    replied
    Originally posted by Sanya View Post

I'm guessing a repayment plan will be subsequently worked out for the tenant. $10 per week to keep it fair, affordable and stress free for the tenant.

Yeah - and he will be put up in emergency housing with taxpayers footing the bill. But remember to be kind!

cheers
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sanya
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenancy Tribunal Order,[2021
    NZTT North Shore 4288609, 4287170]
    16. The landlord is replacing the oven at a cost of $499.00. I order $100.00 to
    account for depreciation.
    17. The curtains are being replaced at a cost $120.00. I order $40.00 to account for
    depreciation.
    18. The tenant
    19. The most expensive item claimed by the landlord is for building, plumbing, and
    electrical repairs amounting to $44,850.00. I have reviewed the contractor’s
    quote and find that it is only for the damage the tenant caused and is
    reasonable. The house is a modest one and the repair costs reflect that. For
    instance, the wrecked kitchen is costing only about $3,000 to fix, and the
    bathroom which must be refitted is costing only about $3,200. The solid wooden
    floorboards are being replaced with particle board, a much cheaper material
    than the original.

According to the ruling "The tenant destroyed the stove and left it in the backyard. The curtains have been cut and torn."

As compensation, the landlord was given $100 to replace the oven and $40 to replace the curtains.

Although the kitchen is "wrecked" about $3000 is apparently enough to fix it and the lovely solid wooden floorboards will be replaced by "much cheaper material than the original."

I'm guessing a repayment plan will be subsequently worked out for the tenant. $10 per week to keep it fair, affordable and stress free for the tenant.
    Last edited by Sanya; 04-06-2021, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Perry
    started a topic What Chance of Receiving Payment?

What Chance of Receiving Payment?

A tenant of a Hibiscus Coast property in north Auckland caused $47,000 worth of damage to the rental, leaving the landlord to foot the bill.

Originally posted by STUFFed
    Auckland man Clinton De Marcy Chelin had rented the property on Whangaparaoa Rd, from Barfoot & Thompson’s Whangaparaoa branch. During Chelin’s time living at the property he deliberately vandalised and destroyed every wall in the house, which led Barfoot & Thompson to take action through the tenancy tribunal.
    Dear Gummint Munster FarGoneBoy,
    The Trough
    Parliament Buildings
    Wellington

About those law changes of yours that would make things fairer for tenants and LLs. Please send Steve Watson and the Tenancy Compliance and Investigation Team to have a chat with Clinton De Marcy Chelin. Make sure they take their regulatory batons with them . . .
    Last edited by Perry; 02-06-2021, 07:15 PM.
Working...
X