Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on 90 day's Notice given and if it is allowable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry
    replied
    Your reply still remains a little enigmatic.

Until the law change takes effect, a 90 day termination notice with no reason given is valid / lawful

That was what the other thread linked to was about.

11 Feb 2021 is D-day. (Disaster day for 'difficult' tenants)

If a tenant received a “no cause” termination before the main commencement date (six
    months from Royal assent) do they still have to move out?
    Yes. A termination notice given before the main commencement date under the current rules which
    comes into effect after the main commencement date is valid.
    Source - page 36.

Leave a comment:

• erinak
    replied
    Thanks Perry.
    It's taken me all this time to work out how to get this post started and now your reply to send it on to said tenant!!!

Golly - may just as well have given her the website so she could post it herself!

Leave a comment:

• Perry
    replied
    Some [background info] clarification would be useful, in order that any replies would be helpful / meaningful.

Have a look-see, here.

Leave a comment:

• Advice on 90 day's Notice given and if it is allowable?

Hi all
    I have been asked by a desperate tenant if the notice to terminate is acceptable or not? I will endeavour to copy n paste her request with my apologies if this has been covered before (several times? !!).

Here it is:

Quote:
    What I need to ask is can a landlord give 90 days notice via his property manager with no reason given and that the flat will not be re leased? The other 5 flats residents haven’t been given notice. The front unit was available and I wasn’t given the option of renting that prior to the notice issued to me.

Thank you for your learned replies ????
Working...
X